+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Fisher to Preston

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    was keepers ball who didn't come out early enough
    You're right there. In which case it was actually good defending, just poor communication/goalkeeping

Hmm no.. I think he played his part as well ...

A lot of players have flaws it's up to the training staff to hammer them out

Fisher made mistakes but was he the only one? No but he was a target by fans, Why? He wasn't to blame for all the goals that went in

Who will be a target this season? I think it's Price already

Tbf I never had a problem with his attitude. He didn't appear to have an attitude problem to me, just a defending problem! Those stats surprise me, although if there was a stat for players falling on their arses at critical moments, I'm certain he'd be up there with the best/worst. Anyway good look to him, he can surely only improve.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Fisher made mistakes but was he the only one? No but he was a target by fans, Why? He wasn't to blame for all the goals that went in

Who will be a target this season? I think it's Price already
    Newell

Newell are you serious. Our fans can see real talent at this level. Back to Fisher was the sale of the century. Off the wage bill + a fee for him. Wake me up I'm dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by PNEFC View Post
    PNE fan in peace.
    Interested to read your views on Fisher. Have to admit I was surprised/baffled by the signing at first.
    He's probably going to be back-up to compete with Woods and Vermijl who we already have in the position.

Looking at it further though - someone posted on on our forum that he had your best tackles per game ratio last season - in fact he came in 4th for the whole league for tackles! Good stats for interceptions, blocks and clearances too.

He actually rated as your 2nd best player by average rating, just behind Richard Wood who played less games.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/210/...land-Rotherham

Based on this I'm wondering if it's mainly his attitude that was the problem?

We've got a good recent record of making proper players out of (very!) raw talent at PNE, so hoping Darnell will be the next.

All the best for the season! Hope you sign Pringle back
    I actually came in 5th as the best players last season and i have metal holding my spine together and i never set foot on the pitch .Fisher is hmm w@nk

Fisher was dreadful the weakest link in a very weak side, great news imo. UTM!!

Was told the other day that this was actually a free transfer.

Had a good game today.

No shame in you guys losing to Fleetwood today. They've got a good manager and are further ahead in their development at this level compared to you. I'm sure it'll all come together eventually.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678