+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager?

Someone I work with in Edinburgh seems very certain that Robbie Nielson is a stick on. Claims he knows someone who knows him. Make of that what you will. He's also the only name being touted that doesn't fill me with dread.

My only concern regarding neilson is as previously pointed out. How much of the success that he achieved at hearts was down to levin?

Thing the whole Levein thing is a bit lazy, words like Gomis' kind of tell it's own story, read an article recently where Neilson alluded to it see if I can find it, think it's unfair that he gets tagged like that, only thing Levein would have done is help get signings he wants etc

Only one i could find about it doesn't show the full article
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/r...step-ncscb5x3j

It's a good point.

Hearts structure after admin was a platform for success.

How does ours compare?

Do we appoint him to overhaul the football side of the club again as well and if so you surely have to give him a 3 year deal and time?

The way I see it this is the type of manager we have needed ever since Jackie was sacked, it's one that ticks most boxes, it's one that can bring the stability we need for the coming seasons, hopefully go a long way to mending the mood in the support and belief about everyone that we can head in the right direction together

It's one i was concerned someone would beat us too, including the fun but thankfully the pundit is hanging in there

Hoping he will be the guy as the rest of the names either fill me with dread, or are too risky/random, most of the other options I thought would be decent such as Tommy Wright are in work and we wouldn't get

1 win is 11 of his last MK Dons game is stable I suppose.

What do we think went wrong at MK Dons for Neilson?

This article doesn't fill me confidence about Neilson. https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/football/mk-dons/neilson-fought-the-fire-but-set-one-of-his-own-1-8340313

"The football wasn't attractive, it wasn't flowing, it wasn't even consistent. Goals were few and far between, wins were hard to come by - seven all season."

Christ. That doesn't fill me confidence about him at all.
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 02-10-2018 at 04:51 PM.

He started well however wrong club and wrong time to try England

I'm only interested in what he did in Scotland, just like I was when we got Levein after after his failure at Leicester, just like Aberdeen were after McInnes failed at Bristol, just like Hibs after Lennon failed at Bolton, they all realised they were proven good managers in Scotland from before those stints down south

You can go dig up similar articles about the above managers in England, irrelevant really, as they have proven, including Levein at our own club

Have you got over the worst manager in our history being sacked?

You can't just ignore what happens in managers career.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    You can go dig up similar articles about the above managers in England, irrelevant really, as they have proven, including Levein at our own club

Have you got over the worst manager in our history being sacked?
    Laszlo has nothing to do with this debate. So I don't get why you're bringing this up. What's done is done. I've moved on, so should you.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)