+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Still in a healthy position in the league and a minimum of 4 points from the next 2 games keeps us in the mix for a play-off place.

A bad day at the office for all concerned today..a wake up call as well.

MOT

Well,I become a Leeds supporter for the day and what do you do ..You go and lose to the Bastids .. At least you didn't lose 5-0 though.

You jinxed us

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    You jinxed us

Haven't seen the game so I don't know what happened but I saw people mention Roofe playing as a winger. Why?! The guy improved a huge amount this season as a striker. He was scoring goals and his work rate was exceptional. Why the hell did Bielsa put him out wide?

Rome wasn’t built in a day. Keep the faith as we are moving in the right direction.

Crazy how competitive this league is - 6 points from 5th to 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Rome wasn’t built in a day. Keep the faith as we are moving in the right direction.

So,you could well be in a relegation scrap in a couple of weeks Hopey ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Positives learnt today - briefly .................. IMO

3. Points 1 & 2 we knew from last season - now Bielsa Defo,knows too.

5. Point 1 deduces Roofe must now start as striker only & Roberts as back up striker as neither are effective out wide if both on the pitch.

7.Again direct pace at us (Armstrong today) is a problem which can expose Pontus & Berardi to be stretched - again this was evident from last season as we know.Bielsa should know that but regardless he'll Defo know now.

Disappointed but we're on a journey and will need 6 points from next two games - so added pressure on players.Bielsa will have learned a lot today of his players in that the mentality is right but players ultimately can only do what their ability allows and when played out of position can be exposed as was the case today,IMO.
    Phillips was class again and never gave up.
    No rose tinted specs from me ........... long way to go yet but six shots should have produced more than a goal.

MOT
    Yes, BUT, Bielsa watched all last season's games so he should know as well. Playing Roofe and Roberts was never likely to work - so why did it happen? The brave decision would have been start Jack Clarke on the right side of midfield (if Pablo was really not ready to start) with Roofe up front and Roberts back on the bench.
    And ditto for Dallas, it's been glaringly obvious from each time he's been played left back, he is NOT a LB. So why did Bielsa play him there anyway? The brave decision would have been to start Alioski there, and that's what should have happened, but didn't.....
    I worry that whilst Bielsa might be a great coach he's also extremely stubborn, and as such will persist with 'his ideas' even when they might not actually be right.
    Unless there's a huge improvement against Ipswich and Forest I really fear we're not going to have the great season initial performances suggested we might. If I'm brutally honest we've looked pretty average for the majority of the last seven games, so something clearly needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

Yes it is very competitive,Villa will creep up now they have got shut of that negative lump,Few blackburn fans around myself today i could hear them praising the way we play,bit more steel needed,but this league is crazy which makes it a great league

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Yes, BUT, Bielsa watched all last season's games so he should know as well. Playing Roofe and Roberts was never likely to work - so why did it happen? The brave decision would have been start Jack Clarke on the right side of midfield (if Pablo was really not ready to start) with Roofe up front and Roberts back on the bench.
    And ditto for Dallas, it's been glaringly obvious from each time he's been played left back, he is NOT a LB. So why did Bielsa play him there anyway? The brave decision would have been to start Alioski there, and that's what should have happened, but didn't.....
    I worry that whilst Bielsa might be a great coach he's also extremely stubborn, and as such will persist with 'his ideas' even when they might not actually be right.
    Unless there's a huge improvement against Ipswich and Forest I really fear we're not going to have the great season initial performances suggested we might. If I'm brutally honest we've looked pretty average for the majority of the last seven games, so something clearly needs to be changed.
    Don't panic OWT
    So on the positive side we're two points off the automatic promotion places and coming out of an injury crisis that our 'rivals' have not yet had to encounter - would you have taken that position when the season started ?
    For me slowly introducing the kids in as we go will be of a benefit going into the New Year.

Playing Sheff Utd in December will be a measure to what Bielsa is made of mentally and tactically.

MOT

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)