+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Middlesbrough v Barnsley match thoughts

He'll not be sacked imo. The owners will not want to pay up his 3 year contract.

The way I look at it is that the owners made a huge profit on both Ismael and Struber but that will conveniently be overlooked. Ni mind, we only lose 8/9million TV revenue when this clown takes us down. ONE POXY GOAL IN 6 FECKING GAMES.

GET ANOTHER BODY IN MIDFIELD, STOP LAIKIN 3 FORWARDS AND GET PLAYERS BACK PLAYING IN THEIR NATURAL POSITIONS

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Most of us on here have watched Barnsley long enough to see when a team and individual players are suffering at the hands of the Head Coach.

We’ve thrown away the successful press for possession football from the back and the opposition are reaping the rewards game after game.

Too many players who were bright stars last season look a shadow of themselves and it’s difficult to watch.

Regular players who were consistent performers from last season being benched, something clearly isn’t right.

There’s some football to be admired in this young team and I’m certain we’ve got some good players but organisation, confidence and belief is everything at any level of the game and we don’t have any at the moment.

That can only change one way now.
    Enough talent in that squad to stay up with some organisation and a HC who knows what he's doing .

Absolutely convinced of it .

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Most of us on here have watched Barnsley long enough to see when a team and individual players are suffering at the hands of the Head Coach.

We’ve thrown away the successful press for possession football from the back and the opposition are reaping the rewards game after game.

Too many players who were bright stars last season look a shadow of themselves and it’s difficult to watch.

Regular players who were consistent performers from last season being benched, something clearly isn’t right.

There’s some football to be admired in this young team and I’m certain we’ve got some good players but organisation, confidence and belief is everything at any level of the game and we don’t have any at the moment.

That can only change one way now.
    Your second paragraph.
    Some silly foookers on here need to read it and understand it - because your comments hit the nail firmly on its head.

We CANNOT hammer into a team how to play and then at a flick of a switch throw that out of the window.
    Chip shop ……. ‘Yes I know you had two strong lads up front last season that you could pass the ball early to - but that’s not happening this season’.
    ‘Basically because recruitment hasn’t given me any strong lads’.

As unsuitable Chip Shop is …… most of what’s happened needs to be laid at the door of Paul Conway.

I think we need to sign Watmore. He suits our style of play.

Don't know how much it would be to pay schloppy off but i'll be very happy to subscribe

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I think we need to sign Watmore. He suits our style of play.
    Brilliant

If the consortium don't act and pay this fecker off then the situation at the club is way way more serious than I thought and we know it's bad without Schopp .

If they just sit there and do absolutely nothing then it just shows they don't care one jot about this club and I don't believe they care that much in anycase .

There isn't anything positive to hang your hat on , absolutely nothing .

The players clearly don't want to play for him and the fans almost 100% want him out .

Even Schopp probably wants to go but hangs about for his pay out .

For God's sake let's end this thing whilst there's time to turn it around .

I think the stats speak volumes from tonight’s game Possession Boro 40% Reds 60% shots Boro 21 Reds 9.
    Colin got it spot on…..wait until the wing backs push up then knock it into the space they leave and we will tear them apart! Sheffield utd will do the same on Saturday and hammer us because he will not change the formation and they have better finishers, I bet Sharp can’t wait!
    Once again our opponents will be in my accumulator.

The frustration of our players was there for all to see tonight. Bouts of petulance when passes were going astray. They're clearly an unhappy bunch.

This 2 man midfield is killing us, absolutely killing us. I genuinely feel for the 2 midfielders he selects each game because they are on a hiding to nowt.

He changed it at half time and put our utility player Oduor in there to make a midfield 3 but the change in system has to have the right personnel. Odour isn't a striker, midfielder or defender. He's been tried in those positions and hasn't produced enough. For me he is a outside left winger. He has good feet and a turn of pace. Unfortunately we don't laik with wingers so why is he in the side?

As for the defence, if it weren't for Helik we'd be screwed. When is Mads back? Where's Sibbick and Kitching?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    The frustration of our players was there for all to see tonight. Bouts of petulance when passes were going astray. They're clearly an unhappy bunch.

This 2 man midfield is killing us, absolutely killing us. I genuinely feel for the 2 midfielders he selects each game because they are on a hiding to nowt.

He changed it at half time and put our utility player Oduor in there to make a midfield 3 but the change in system has to have the right personnel. Odour isn't a striker, midfielder or defender. He's been tried in those positions and hasn't produced enough. For me he is a outside left winger. He has good feet and a turn of pace. Unfortunately we don't laik with wingers so why is he in the side?

As for the defence, if it weren't for Helik we'd be screwed. When is Mads back? Where's Sibbick and Kitching?
    That’s 8 games without a goal from open play - is this a new record?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast