+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    I can’t understand what has happened to Robinson and Diangana. Didn’t they used to be quick and beat their man? Now they can’t beat 35 year old centre halves. They look like has beens but still so young.

If there’s ever a time to invest it’s now!! Need an out and out forward and one to play right wing.

Enough is enough now, too many bad performances from the front lads.
    Wilder sussed Robinson out, even took a chance with the swop for Burke. Diagana went missing after Curtis Davies done him, should have been a red.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Even Leeds friends have said - " have your club gone backwards by 20 years since you played us off the park at Elland Road " Worst West Brom team ever - zero quality - zero desire - zero commitment!
    Not the worst west brom ever , but everything else is true ,

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Wilder sussed Robinson out, even took a chance with the swop for Burke. Diagana went missing after Curtis Davies done him, should have been a red.
    All just second rate players players that float around other clubs looking for a pay day , ok Diagana got to be the worst 15 million ever spent west ham obviously knew something , & how did Livermore & Johnson ever play for England is beyond me , Townsend who has been playing ok recently was terrible today & Ferlong runs around like a headless chicken every week & produces nothing, I disagree that we have gone back 20 years but we definitely need investment & a manager
    To get the cr ap we have all singing off the same hymn sheet would be a start like big Sam did last season because I know when Val has gone it will all come out in the washing that none of the players we have want to play this style garrantee you , its in their body language im so depressed , for out great football club we all deserve better than this rubbish 🗑

Our manager doesn’t seem to work out that these players are going to get him the sack shortly.

If he hasn’t got the balls to stick with a kid that plays well for him and won’t give Cleary and Tulloch a chance then he’s asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Our manager doesn’t seem to work out that these players are going to get him the sack shortly.

If he hasn’t got the balls to stick with a kid that plays well for him and won’t give Cleary and Tulloch a chance then he’s asking for it.
    Maybe he’d be happy to get the sack and collect the payoff on his four year contract. I think football managers/head coaches make more money from failure than they do by doing ok. It’s a mad business.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Maybe he’d be happy to get the sack and collect the payoff on his four year contract. I think football managers/head coaches make more money from failure than they do by doing ok. It’s a mad business.
    I have to say that I said that as well. If you wanted to get the sack you would just do what VI is doing, keep picking the same players, keep the same system, the same substitute plan etc. Madness just keep doing the same things and expecting different results.

Maybe he wants the same results. I suspect not, but who knows these days. He hasn’t got a great incentive to change, especially if he knows the owner isn’t going to back him in the January window.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I have to say that I said that as well. If you wanted to get the sack you would just do what VI is doing, keep picking the same players, keep the same system, the same substitute plan etc. Madness just keep doing the same things and expecting different results.

Maybe he wants the same results. I suspect not, but who knows these days. He hasn’t got a great incentive to change, especially if he knows the owner isn’t going to back him in the January window.

I was not one of those who jumped on the Val out wagon! That said the guys now starting to
    P iss me off! Shocking selections - same excuses every match - no youngsters being tried up front - a third rate player like Livermore who he comments is the first name on his team sheet! How many chances does he give Hugill who is a pub player at best?

I question whether the players actually want to play for him now as there’s no desire or commitment!

Something has got to give as we are truly shocking and been like this for weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

He played Reach as an attacker yesterday and left all be it young but out and out goal scorers on the bench! It’s his own fault!

Yesterday was just like so many games this season we played against a team that had no intent of attacking us and would never have scored until we gave them a goal, we missed chances again, People criticize the system but the idea is our wing backs are supposed to give us attacking width but neither are good enough going forward TGH has to play at right wing back and I would play Reach at left wing back our need for new forward players gets worse by the game, I'm not sure changing the manager now will make much difference the squad is so technically poor the only hope we have is we have a really good transfer window for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Yesterday was just like so many games this season we played against a team that had no intent of attacking us and would never have scored until we gave them a goal, we missed chances again, People criticize the system but the idea is our wing backs are supposed to give us attacking width but neither are good enough going forward TGH has to play at right wing back and I would play Reach at left wing back our need for new forward players gets worse by the game, I'm not sure changing the manager now will make much difference the squad is so technically poor the only hope we have is we have a really good transfer window for a change.
    Completely agree. We were a Sheffield United waiting to happen as our strikers are so poor and there was no money to invest in good replacements.

Under the Val system we’re creating chances and not conceding many chances so a couple of attacking enforcements should make us a decent side.

TGH does need to come back in but he won’t fix the problem. He’s not a goal scorer and that’s where the problem lies.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)