+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Need Madsters Help

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Cayton, i always go with the same attitude as buying a car. They have to sell it, you don't have to buy it........
    Good attitude to go with. Too many people fall in love with a property and will pay anything to own it. Then spend the next 20 years changing it to suit their tastes.
    Imo you always buy a house for the area and the shell of the property. Everything else can be changed at a reasonable cost.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Unfortunately the number of houses that have sat on the market for 3-6 months without so much as a price reduction indicates that there are many 'sellers' who don't have to sell. Like many of the fishermen on MM they are just throwing out the bait and hoping to get a bite.
    True. A simple call and ask if the seller is willing to budge on the asking price can weed out the wheat from the chaff.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, you may even find these sellers are the Clayton’s of this world that don’t have to sell or take a silly offer. 😉 and good luck to the Clayton’s who have invested wisely.

Property rarely decreases so if you’ve got the cash invest again. Something I failed to do on my first property investment where I made over a 200% profit and should have carried on. More the fool me.
    Tbh when banks offer 4% and 5% interest rates and people like Martin Lewis are saying stick your cash in this account. There's no way he's using those accounts...
    With interest rates over 10% and banks paying 5% your savings are eroding

I bought my council house in Mexborough for £14,603 with my discount off, later sold it
    for just over £37,000.
    Twelve months after me selling the house, the house market went haywire, the buyer of
    my house sold it for £89,000.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Does the budget stretch to this one in Slade Hooton?
    https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...0000_44411.htm
    I'm thinking of making a cheeky offer and if I get it I'll be able to pay for the upkeep by charging Brin and Lincs to fish on my pond

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'm thinking of making a cheeky offer and if I get it I'll be able to pay for the upkeep by charging Brin and Lincs to fish on my pond
    I’d be more than happy to do that 😉 don’t forget to take into consideration inflated travelling petrol costs when charging us.
    Last edited by Brin; 10-02-2023 at 04:28 PM.

Thinks she needs to think about what School the kids will be going to tbh

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Thinks she needs to think about what School the kids will be going to tbh
    She is. We already ruled out a few houses due to the schools, including one because my old school now has a low rating. The Herringthorpe schools generally have outstanding ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Does the budget stretch to this one in Slade Hooton?
    https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...0000_44411.htm
    I think Jordan Hugill might be after that one

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Good attitude to go with. Too many people fall in love with a property and will pay anything to own it. Then spend the next 20 years changing it to suit their tastes.
    Imo you always buy a house for the area and the shell of the property. Everything else can be changed at a reasonable cost.
    What about EPC ratings Cayton? This house is an E. I've heard that from 2025 landlords won't be allowed to rent out lower than a C so isn't that going to impact sales on low rated homes?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast