+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Port Vale

Sorry its took a couple of days to get on here and give my views. Due to daughters birthday and other appointments that just interrupt the life of a Barnsley fan.
    I went to the match and was really worried in the first 20 minutes. They looked strong but without any real threat, but it only takes 1piece of luck to grab a goal. We looked a bit rusty and couldn't seem to get a foot on the ball. Then we scored against the run of play. Intercepted pass, then what a pin point cross. Our second was a mixture of a good ball into the danger area and an unlucky touch by their defender. Despite the score I thought the teams were pretty even at half time.
    The second half was complete capitulation by their entire team. We found space to get in our crosses, space in and around the box for our attackers and our finishing was clinical. It's great to win by a big scoreline, but I don't think it tells the full story. Yes Vale were poor. I've read some of their fans comments, they admit they were very poor, but quite a few think we were bang average and there for the taking based on the first half. They should have had a goal with all the pressure they put on us in that 20 minute spell, if they're only got better strikers, and that, they think, would have changed the game. I agree to a certain extent. Replace "bang average" to "not needing to get out of 2nd gear" and you've got an argument. We were good, we weren't brilliant and other, stronger, better teams will score a couple if we play the first 20 minutes as we did this game.
    We played some great passes and crosses and were clinical without having to break sweat, against a team that was worse than us on paper and showed it on the pitch. After the third went in they lost all hope and it showed.
    Good game, some great individual performances and some great goals, but let's not get carried away, Reds, there a lot tougher games to come.
    Happy Devante got his hattrick and nice to see Dallas score on his debut. The subs did well when they came on. Hopefully O'Keeffe's injury isn't a bad one.

Excellent, balanced summary of the game Fants.

Happy birthday to your daughter.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678