+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 801 of 923 FirstFirst ... 301701751791799800801802803811851901 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,010 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Blimey...Adi! Welcome back. Believe it or not...I’ve missed you.
    Never subscribed to that one though.
    Well you should rA, because there is a whole heap of "deregulation" contained in planned legislation, which will affect employment rights.!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well you should rA, because there is a whole heap of "deregulation" contained in planned legislation, which will affect employment rights.!
    You’re probably right and I’ll bow to your more technical knowledge on this one.
    Can think of enough other examples of how Brexit is proving disadvantageous without delving into the complexities of employment rights etc.
    Noticeably...none of those who defend Brexit have yet been able to provide an advantage.

Nice dark blue passports again to replace the naff red ones....made in France I believe...

Take the Brexiters at their word – that leaving was about more than ending European immigration – and ask them to name some other reform that Britain badly needed but which proved unachievable so long as we remained in the EU: a specific change that only Brexit could unlock. The committed leaver will struggle and sputter, before either mentioning blue passports or else retreating into abstract nouns: “freedom” or “sovereignty”. Press them for a concrete, real-world benefit of Brexit, one that survives scrutiny, and they wilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm not in the mood to trade insults Swale but your partisan point of view is blinding you to the facts and your statement is yet again incorrect, and my only concern is that those who believe the biased exaggerated cobblers you spout will at last open their eyes. My only interest is in exposing the truth or lack of it in your statements, so as I've already said - evidence please!
    The trouble with what you just posted is that its not completely true. if your going to attack me for accuracy, then you need to be accurate yourself!

If as you claim you were wanting to expose truth or lack of it, in a non partisan manner, you would have come back and said that Rees-Mogg didn't move all his business to Dublin, but set up a separate arm of it there to avoid any issues associated with trading in the EU due to Brexit.

But you didn't, thereby exposing the fact that you are not the non partisian fountain of truth and facts you portray yourself as.

Also I didn't insult you in my post, I merely questioned my own judgement of you, which by your response I was right to do.

You want evidence of the costs of Brexit?

On Wednesday, the public accounts committee reported on the “clear increase in costs, paperwork and border delays” that Brexit has imposed on UK businesses. The next day it was the turn of the Office for National Statistics, whose business survey found that more than half of the UK’s importers and exporters now cite additional paperwork and higher transportation costs as problems, with those two issues their biggest headaches by a wide margin. The phone-in programmes hum with British entrepreneurs, plenty of them leave voters, now driven to despair, forced to spend precious, exhausting hours filling in forms they never used to have to fill in and paying costs they never used to have to pay.

Latest analysis from the Centre for European Reform (CER) found that Brexit has reduced trade in goods by 15.7%, or £12.6 billion – and that’s in one month, October 2021, alone.

The fact is that the costs of Brexit have been masked by the Covid pandemic, but even so its been largely negative.

I was also wrong on the £400 million hit per week to the UK economy, its between £500 - £800 million depending on how the figures are accounted for. But whatever the figure, its NOT a Brexit dividend!

So maybe just maybe when it begins to bite, as you say those who believe the exaggerated cobblers (spoken by Brexiteers and this Government obvs) will open their eyes!
    Last edited by swaledale; 12-02-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Just a reminder of the Brexit campaign and what was said. (I know Brexit supporters have short memories!)
    That we were being run by Brussels. That European restrictions were holding back our economy and lowering our living standards. That we could keep all the benefits of the single market and customs union, while negotiating trade deals with faster-growing countries in a world that was shifting east. That we had to regain control over our borders. That there would be no new border between Northern Ireland and mainland Great Britain, and that the Good Friday agreement, having ended years of strife, would be fully honoured.

Now we can change VAT on fuel but are in fact not doing so whilst EU member countries are!

We are out of the single market and customs union, with long delays and queues of trucks at Dover, not that I notice the apparently remain, left BBC actually reporting this!

Whilst wages in a few sectors (hurrah lorry drivers) have increased, overall wages are lagging behind the cost of living and the government is scrabbling around trying to recruit people from non EU countries - I distinctly remember Thicky bellyaching about all those Turks who would be coming and the many thousands of Syrian criminals!! - to fill skilled jobs in the NHS and elsewhere.

The government claims the highest economic growth in the EU, which it is but only if you discount the fact we had the worst economic slump!

Businesses, farmers, fishermen are either drowning in the costs and delays due to the additional regulations or are simply unable to sell goods to the EU. Overall trade with the EU, our largest trading partner has slumped by around 25%.

There is effectively a border down the Irish sea, despite the government promising there wouldn't be and the peace in NI is threatened. Though ironically most businesses in NI like being in the single market and customs union as its good for their businesses!

And so the bull****, fake news and downright lies begins!

As predicted, Rees-Mogg, starts laying a smokescreen about how its Covid and not Brexit that has hit trade - which for anyone with half a brain clearly isn't true!

Apparently the Uk is already seeing the benefits of Brexit, though of course ole Smoggy isn't actually able to pin point exactly what these "benefits" are!

Evidence that leaving the EU has damaged UK trade is "few and far between", the government's Brexit opportunities minister has said.

Jacob Rees-Mogg, who was handed the new role last week, said recent drops in exports had been caused by disruption during Covid.

He argued that Brexit was "already a success" and is boosting the economy.

But the Office for Budget Responsibility said there was a Brexit hit to trade with the EU.

The UK left the EU's trading regime in January 2021, 11 months after it left the bloc - with its trade now governed by a post-Brexit trade deal.

Since then, British businesses have experienced additional paperwork and border checks when exporting products to EU countries.

I do lhave to laugh that a minister of a Government, now notorious for blatant lies, is saying the opposite what a cross bench committee is saying, obviously ole Smoggy thinks the majority of voters are as thick as pig ****, maybe he is right? Who Knows?

Looks like someone has finally realised what Brexit actually means!!

A Conservative MP who campaigned for Brexit has said it is “monstrous” that British businesses now have to fill in forms to trade with Europe.

Sir Desmond Swayne, a supporter of the Leave Means Leave group, was mocked for complaining about the new bureaucracy Brexit had created.

And now we have a video showing Putin being very keen for Theresa May to fulfil Brexit, almost as if he had skin in the game? Boy have the Tories, the Brexiteers and those who voted for them been had.

Nice to see Bercow getting his cummupance today, and its a mark of the man that he was still squealing about it. For those who despise the Bojo government,there stands the man who delivered it to you.

Page 801 of 923 FirstFirst ... 301701751791799800801802803811851901 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)