+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181581 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Hopefully, we have Jack Ross sounded out, plus a few other, just as a matter of course irrespective of what happens with the WBA vacancy. Forward planning
    IF McInnes were offered and accepted the WBA job, I’d rather go for Graham Potter.
    More experience, better record and could use the McInnes situation as an incentive for potential move to England in the future

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    IF McInnes were offered and accepted the WBA job, I’d rather go for Graham Potter.
    More experience, better record and could use the McInnes situation as an incentive for potential move to England in the future
    Graham Potter is on their shortlist as well.

No chance he is going to come to us, as soon as he beat Arsenal at their ground English clubs have started to take him more seriously.

I would imagine he will get a chance at Championship club or a struggling Premier league club sometime this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Graham Potter is on their shortlist as well.

No chance he is going to come to us, as soon as he beat Arsenal at their ground English clubs have started to take him more seriously.

I would imagine he will get a chance at Championship club or a struggling Premier league club sometime this year.
    you would think so, but Potter is lower in the odds than McInnes.
    Maybe he needs a shot in UK football to prove himself sufficiently, else need to repeat the efforts in Europe for a team to take a chance

I doubt if he'll get offered the WBA job, its more likely he'll end up at a club like Ipswich who'll have a vacancy in the summer.

Have had a quick look through one of the WBA fans forum sites and very mixed views on who they want (much like it would be on here if McInnes left). McInnes gets mentioned quite a lot but like most names mentioned some are for and some against. If there was some sort of favourite on their site it would be Graham Potter for what he has done at Ostersund plus he is also an ex WBA player, but by no means unanomous. Dean Smith (young manager at Brentford) also gets a few favourable mentions.

Doubt he'll be offered it but that could change if the fans fancy him and are vocal about it.

I think he'd take it. Barring financial meltdown again the Huns will have an automatic second place sewn up next season if not this. 3rd will be the best we can do, with finals and semis less likely. Fairly or not, the perception will be we're going backwards and his CV will start to look weaker.

He said in an interview recently he still has ambitions to manage in England. Repeatedly turning down job offers from bigger clubs isn't going to help sell himself. From an English perspective it'll look like he's happy with his cosy gig in Sleepy Hollow and lacks confidence and drive. I think he'd calculate he can't afford to turn down another offer if it's decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    I doubt if he'll get offered the WBA job, its more likely he'll end up at a club like Ipswich who'll have a vacancy in the summer.
    Rumours are that Ipswich are interested in Jack Ross when Mick McCarthy leaves in the summer

Rumours are that Ipswich are interested in Jack Ross when Mick McCarthy leaves in the summer
    Jack Ross isn’t ready for the Aberdeen job apparently. Can’t see him skipping ahead of McInnes in the queue

That would mean that hes shows more potential & we all know that isn’t the case

Rumours can influence markets, I prefer facts but sometimes have a wee dabble now and again, that aside, you can understand why some clubs are interested in managers like Ross/and our current coach.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Rumours can influence markets, I prefer facts but sometimes have a wee dabble now and again, that aside, you can understand why some clubs are interested in managers like Ross/and our current coach.

SF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Jack Ross isn’t ready for the Aberdeen job apparently. Can’t see him skipping ahead of McInnes in the queue

That would mean that hes shows more potential & we all know that isn’t the case
    Jack Ross certainly has shown great potential and a great start to his career.
    He will get the opportunity to test himself at a higher level shortly.
    He’s on my list of preferred candidates at the moment for when the Aberdeen position becomes available.

Page 81 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181581 ... LastLast