+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Goalkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    As much as he’s stinking he does have a young family. I certainly wouldn’t quit a well paying job with nothing else lined up in that situation. I’m sure if a club came in for him he’d be off but who’s gonna do that? We’re lumbered with him unless his contract is paid up.

Yes agree, don't really wish him any ill as much as I despise him as a gk, father of two boys, hopefully he'll find something ASAP though, I wouldn't be paying him off

Okay....

Was it his fault we signed him ? - No

Was/is he the worst keeper we have ever had ? - Most possibly Yes

Did he flog umpt een goals for us ? - Defo Yes

Did he tweet a like after us getting pumped fae Celtic ? - Yip he did (and more)

Will any club take a chance on him if they have watched him play in Scottish futba ? Nae chance!

Best case scenario is, Ramsey Street Rovers need someone (anyone) to stand between the sticks and they remember the one good game he had back in Oz, (Not the movie) Then again .... click yir heels Mark, click yir heels.

I thought he had an ok reputation in oz before we bought him - probably another failure of recruitment

Maybe the Aussies saw Tony A coming.

We should never have played him after the first few matches when it became apparent he was horrendous - 1 because it meant we were relegated and 2 - because now everyone knows how bad he is

Funny in the Goodwin article he says Birighitti has dropped down the pecking order -
    Behind Walton
    Behind Newman

Behind Ruahrhi Adams …

Probably behind Dave Bowman if he fancies another turn between the sticks on an emergency basis !!

Pretty sure he was recommended to Ross (or Fox or both) from memory of reading about the signing at the time

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

Funny in the Goodwin article he says Birighitti has dropped down the pecking order -
    Behind Walton
    Behind Newman
    Behind Ruahrhi Adams …
    Probably behind Dave Bowman if he fancies another turn between the sticks on an emergency basis !!
    Didn't realise people with no squad number had a peckin' chance.

Goodwin says - Mark knows the situation and we have been very frank and up front with him.
    Is that like - "Mark, Get to f*ck!"

Are we paying him a £1,000 a day.
    Unlike other footballers he takes the weekends off

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    We should never have played him after the first few matches when it became apparent he was horrendous
    It was a Hobson’s Choice though wasn’t it? The ‘back up’ was Eriksson after all.

he was that bad, no word of a lie i thought he could be match fixing. Look at that Stevie May incident wtf was that about, faked an injury after it too, wish he had faked an injury the rest of the season. He could have potentially crippled this club. I hate him with a passion.

The club need to take half the blame for allowing it to happen too.

You are forgetting the most crucial bit of information though. Birighitti and Eriksson were capped at international level. Berti Vogts handed out caps like confetti when managing Scotland. Australia were going to the WC a chance to make money............ Worst deal we've done in a long time.

BREAKING NEWS

I hear Birighitti is looking for a move to Saudi Arabia,

Says the team he's looking to join is Al-gEttifack

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    BREAKING NEWS

I hear Birighitti is looking for a move to Saudi Arabia,

Says the team he's looking to join is Al-gEttifack
    And yet again my hopes are raised, only to yet again receive that utter kick in the bauz.

Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)