+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 869 of 923 FirstFirst ... 369769819859867868869870871879919 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,690 of 9222

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    As there seems to be a lack of belief/trust regarding my actions/motives, here’s a redacted copy of the reply I got when I messaged admin earlier:

The following errors occurred with your submission

****** has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove ****** from the recipient list and send the message again.

I’ve also emailed admin and not yet had a response
    Okay...brand new day so let’s make some progress.

With respect that’s a slightly daft post AF.

As a piece of ‘authentication’ it’s rather less convincing than my old forged dental appointment cards to regularly get my 15 year old self out of an afternoon of double chemistry many years ago.

It’s also unnecessary. I don’t think anyone has doubted your honesty over this matter, although I also don’t think I’m alone in being puzzled by your motives.

That however isn’t the point, which has moved on slightly from the need for an additional level of moderation.

That question still stands of course, but the point GP stumbled across yesterday evening also raises questions of interest.
    Who does ‘own’ the ‘room’ and if, as it would seem, ‘HQ’ seem to have adopted a sort of ‘absentee landlord’ role who is ultimately responsible?
    Have you effectively been left ‘high and dry’ by the ‘owners’ or are you now actually the sole controller?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Okay...brand new day so let’s make some progress.

With respect that’s a slightly daft post AF.

As a piece of ‘authentication’ it’s rather less convincing than my old forged dental appointment cards to regularly get my 15 year old self out of an afternoon of double chemistry many years ago.

It’s also unnecessary. I don’t think anyone has doubted your honesty over this matter, although I also don’t think I’m alone in being puzzled by your motives.

That however isn’t the point, which has moved on slightly from the need for an additional level of moderation.

That question still stands of course, but the point GP stumbled across yesterday evening also raises questions of interest.
    Who does ‘own’ the ‘room’ and if, as it would seem, ‘HQ’ seem to have adopted a sort of ‘absentee landlord’ role who is ultimately responsible?
    Have you effectively been left ‘high and dry’ by the ‘owners’ or are you now actually the sole controller?
    I don't stumble across things, I'm deeply analytical 😄😄

End of subject from me and any further posts will be considered off topic/thread hijacking

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I don't stumble across things, I'm deeply analytical ����
    Sorry...of course you are.

End of subject from me and any further posts will be considered off topic/thread hijacking

Oops. Guess that means ‘sole controller’ then.

Oops. Guess that means ‘sole controller’ then.
    The mods aresole controllers

The mods aresole controllers
    Clever...but leave m a c out of it.

Anyway...if you’re not going to answer, for whatever reason, back on topic as requested/ordered.
    Is there a parallel between the quest for Scottish independence and Brexit?
    Seems Ms. Sturgeon resigned at least partly because of the unhealthy divisions in Scotland and the fact that only about 45% of Scots now support independence. Sound familiar?
    Didn’t Brexit happen with the support of 37.4% of the electorate? They could only aspire to 45% support.
    Seems support for Scottish Independence is on the wane. Seems there’s another parallel with Brexit there.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 17-02-2023 at 12:22 PM.

Anyway...if you’re not going to answer, for whatever reason, back on topic as requested/ordered.
    Seems Ms. Sturgeon resigned at least partly because of the unhealthy divisions in Scotland and the fact that only about 45% of Scots now support independence. Sound familiar?
    Didn’t Brexit happen with the support of 37.4% of the electorate? They could only aspire to 45% support.
    Seems support for Scottish Independence is on the wane. Seems there’s another parallel with Brexit there.
    There’s more of a difference than a parallel in that, purely anecdotally but I am up there a lot, there are few Scots over voting age who a) arent aware of the issue, b) don’t have a basic understanding of what it means (and for the most part an acceptance that there’s a lot they DON’T know about any Scexit ‘deal’) and c) wouldnt convert their belief into a vote come the time. So much more aware/committed than English equivalents. Mac may disagree.

No

I agree about ‘Thicky’...it’s an obvious and childish nickname. Calling yourself Tricky is actually inviting it, but it’s juvenile...we’re adults so let’s do without it.

‘Rear gunner’ is only ever aimed at me...and always only in connection with Swale. That’s ridiculous...I seldom disagree with Swale over politics...that’s true...but then I equally rarely disagree with mac, MA and Sith but receive no ‘abuse’ for that. Frankly I don’t give a duck, it’s a piece of nonsense dreamt up by GP and sometimes also used by Tricky and Andy. Why that should be...I don’t know...neither do I care, but again...we’re adults so what’s the point?

I don’t think ‘gammon’ is a ‘pejorative term based on skin tone’...I think it’s a p*ss take out of indignant white older males who’s faces become flushed with anger in certain situations. Personally I wouldn’t use it because it opens the user up to accusations which compromise his/her original argument. Another we could do without imo.

A final point on the question of a second moderator. You have repeatedly (and privately) told me that being a mod isn’t ‘easy’, AF.
    I’m sure you’re right and I can’t imagine why anyone would want to be one...but you undoubtedly did and actually filled Rats’ shoes astonishingly quickly.
    Let’s be honest...if everything was all fine and dandy on the forum we wouldn’t have had the discussions of the last couple of days and we wouldn’t have had just one new ‘signing’ (Sith...assuming Ramshank is actually a ‘returnee’) in the last God knows how long...so why not lessen the load and give MA a go?
    I think rA I would ahve to say this is you "banging on" about the mod situation! Not really sure why its such a key issue with you? Not quite sure how having a second Mod would have affected the discussion that has taken place over the past few days either?

Anyway now we have all agreed a way forward can we get back on topic who who should ahve succeeded Cameron as PM back in 2016 as one poster seems convinced that is the topic for this thread!

Page 869 of 923 FirstFirst ... 369769819859867868869870871879919 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)