+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 873 of 923 FirstFirst ... 373773823863871872873874875883 ... LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,730 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Whereas the warmongers can use Brexit as a convenient camouflage, or the COVID conspiracy theorists can? Only someone with extreme naivety or a political agenda to push would specifically lay the blame for our troubles at the door of Brexit. I don't think you are naive.

Incidentally you cite UK's post Brexit relative economic underperformance compared to other EU members (of 4%) as a negative. How would you interpret this if I were to tell you that UK underperformed its EU peer group by an average of 5.73% in the 5 years prior to Brexit?
    As I’ve said, I struggle to see how the blame for our specific troubles can be laid at any other ‘door’ seeing as War and pandemic have had an equal impact upon our neighbours/competitors (pda).

I’d ask exactly what you define as ‘peer group’ and whether that was the five years prior to the Referendum or the realisation.

I don't see the government boasting about this Brexit dividend!

The Eu price cap on gas is £37 per mega watt hour. The UK price cap is £263.79 per mega watt hour. A Brexit dividend for energy company shareholders, paid for by UK tax payers.

Whereas the warmongers can use Brexit as a convenient camouflage, or the COVID conspiracy theorists can? Only someone with extreme naivety or a political agenda to push would specifically lay the blame for our troubles at the door of Brexit. I don't think you are naive.

Incidentally you cite UK's post Brexit relative economic underperformance compared to other EU members (of 4%) as a negative. How would you interpret this if I were to tell you that UK underperformed its EU peer group by an average of 5.73% in the 5 years prior to Brexit?
    One can interpret statistics how one wants, but all economic indicators show that the UK is the worst performing economy in Europe, one that is equally affected by Covid, and the Ukraine war. I wonder what other factor could be at work here?

Sick to death of hearing the energy prices to do with not being in the EU.

THIS IS bRITISH GOVERNMENT POLICY **** UP. OWN IT.

Pampering to an agenda of green, without thinking it through
    Lack of investment
    Lack of exploiting what we can do nationally.
    Over taxing
    Not reeling energy companies in.

You don't have to be in the EU to do any of that.
    Considering we have no storage anymore and have to bring leccy in from France, leaves you exposed to the full market price.
    That is unacceptable and its time the previous/current/future governments accepted that.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/19/e...ner/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    As I’ve said, I struggle to see how the blame for our specific troubles can be laid at any other ‘door’ seeing as War and pandemic have had an equal impact upon our neighbours/competitors (pda).

I’d ask exactly what you define as ‘peer group’ and whether that was the five years prior to the Referendum or the realisation.
    Peer group in this case was a "basket of EU members" including, IIRC, both economic giants and some economic ne'er-do-wells. The period was leading up to extraction, so 2015 to 2019 straddling the pre referendum, referendum and post referendum period but prior to the halfway house year of exit.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    One can interpret statistics how one wants, but all economic indicators show that the UK is the worst performing economy in Europe, one that is equally affected by Covid, and the Ukraine war. I wonder what other factor could be at work here?
    One can indeed, except that is for statistics you promulgate which can only be interpreted your way!!! I'm not questioning that Club UK is underperforming post Brexit, but just postulating that it may be underperforming by less than it was underperforming prebrexit: inferring an improvement, in relative terms, as a result of Brexit.

One can indeed, except that is for statistics you promulgate which can only be interpreted your way!!! I'm not questioning that Club UK is underperforming post Brexit, but just postulating that it may be underperforming by less than it was underperforming prebrexit: inferring an improvement, in relative terms, as a result of Brexit.
    ‘Promulgate’...good word, a first on here I’d guess...had to look it up...but I’m not sure the period 2015-2019 or the comparison with a ‘basket of EU members’ gives us much to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ‘Promulgate’...good word, a first on here I’d guess...had to look it up...but I’m not sure the period 2015-2019 or the comparison with a ‘basket of EU members’ gives us much to go on.
    Not even if you're comparing a ‘basket of EU members’ and the UK's 'basket case of a government'?

Not at all, I don't make broad assumptions aren't underpinned by basic facts. That's more your territory when wringing your hands that we can't use the word faggot anymore, which wasn't true!

Except its not, its a bit like saying the UK had fastest growth recently, which is true, but from a much lower base than the rest of the EU.

Another interesting statistic is the slump in cars manufactured in the UK post 2016 or the fact that by any economic indicator we are losing a minimum of £400 million a week due to trade barriers with the EU.

here is another Brexit benefit.

Higher costs of trade can be seen not only in the aggregate data, but also in the paperwork faced by British businesses following Brexit.

Customs-export declarations that businesses must fill in when moving goods from the UK more than tripled after the UK left the single market and customs union, while import declarations have increased by 50 per cent during this time. This is an unprecedented increase in the red tape facing businesses. Not only does this raise the cost of trade – disadvantaging smaller firms that cannot absorb extra costs – but it ultimately contributes to higher consumer prices.

Page 873 of 923 FirstFirst ... 373773823863871872873874875883 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)