+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 875 of 923 FirstFirst ... 375775825865873874875876877885 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,750 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well the EU way, was siding up with Putin, despite being warned by Trump not to.
    They laughed and laughed. The silly hair man daring to tell us Germans etc that we don't know better?

The net result is, the taps are off, so Europe demands increase and the price goes up.
    Us having succesive stupid government policies means we suffer the worst.
    But the EU is blameless of course.
    This Trump who cast doubts on the USA's commitment to NATO and so emboldened Putin?

Throughout the 2016 presidential election, President Trump not only refused to criticize Russian President Vladimir Putin, but was even friendly and accommodating in his remarks. In his own words, President Trump called President Putin “highly respected." More recently, President Trump put the U.S. on equal moral footing with Russia when responding to Bill O’Reilly’s question about Putin being a "killer," saying "We've got a lot of killers... you think our country's so innocent?" This is absolutely false moral equivalence, and unheard of for the President of the United States to insult and demean the country he leads.

Trump: Not only does his past and current team have ties to Russia, but the President himself also does. He has travelled to Russia extensively, done business there often, and has ties to Russian interests. In a May 2017 meeting in the Oval Office, he revealed highly classified information to the Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak and foreign minister Sergei Lavrov.

To say that Trump warned the EU about Putin is wide of the mark, the guy positively admired Putin.

Its true that the EU was for many years trying to have a constructive relationship with Russia and Putin, which on the face of it would seem sensible, the more involved in trade and mutual cooperation a large neighbour is, the less incentive there is to wage war. Indeed that was working for a while, geo politics is complex, but working with Russia was the right policy, unfortunately Putin as he has got older has become more unhinged.

Lets us not forget the Tory party has both personal and financial connections with Russia and has positively welcomed Russian money into the UK, not for nothing is London known as the Russian money laundry! So blaming the EU for this is again only partially true, the Uk were equally culpable.

A energy strategy that saw dependence upon gas from one source, Russia was foolish, but that was Germany rather than the EU, I'm guessing they won't make that mistake again.

So no the Eu isn't blameless, nor do i think they are a perfect organisation, never have done, but to think in an age of super powers like Russia, India, china, the Uk is better off economically and politically outside the EU is just not true.

Plus Brexit has if anything encouraged Putin and the break up of the Eu would suit him just fine.
    Last edited by swaledale; 24-02-2023 at 10:25 PM.

Swale, he did warn Germany. They laughed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfJv9QYrlwg

in good news the visa waiver we will have to pay has been pushed back to next year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Swale, he did warn Germany. They laughed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfJv9QYrlwg
    Yes he warned them about depending upon Russian gas! I agree Germany's dependence upon that was a flawed strategy. Remember the 1970's oil crisis? UK in a panic, over OPEC limiting oil supplies?

Lets face it, Trump is very contradictory over many issues, some of what he says , i.e. NATO contributions is correct, but then even a stopped clock is right twice a day!! On the otherhand, it is true that Putin was keen to see Trump as president.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    in good news the visa waiver we will have to pay has been pushed back to next year now.
    Not wanting to reactivate forum wars but I did point out last year that it MAY come in this year not WOULD

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Not wanting to reactivate forum wars but I did point out last year that it MAY come in this year not WOULD
    Well it was originally planned for last year i think. It is going to happen no doubt at some point. On a separate issue relevant to travel I saw tesco mobile no longer include roaming in the EU, hopefully not something other providers will follow their lead on.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Well it was originally planned for last year i think. It is going to happen no doubt at some point. On a separate issue relevant to travel I saw tesco mobile no longer include roaming in the EU, hopefully not something other providers will follow their lead on.
    I’m with GiffGaff who offer some free EU roaming but I don’t actually see the problem, when I was in Morocco I used £4 on phone calls in 11 days and the rest on Wi-Fi, it’s just about being smart IMO.

I’m with GiffGaff who offer some free EU roaming but I don’t actually see the problem, when I was in Morocco I used £4 on phone calls in 11 days and the rest on Wi-Fi, it’s just about being smart IMO.
    Its handy driving in the EU which I do and use data for traffic etc.

Yes there are ways round it, but its another irritating side effect of Brexit! Many mobile providers stopped free EU roaming as soon as they could. Its a definite negative and when it gets to the point of saying either its no worse than before Brexit or there is a work around, that is hardly a Brexit beenfit is it?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Yes there are ways round it, but its another irritating side effect of Brexit! Many mobile providers stopped free EU roaming as soon as they could. Its a definite negative and when it gets to the point of saying either its no worse than before Brexit or there is a work around, that is hardly a Brexit beenfit is it?
    Agree entirely. Yes...you can be ‘smart’ and get round things...AF is quite right about that, but surely the point is...pre-Brexit we didn’t need to!

Page 875 of 923 FirstFirst ... 375775825865873874875876877885 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)