+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 882 of 923 FirstFirst ... 382782832872880881882883884892 ... LastLast
Results 8,811 to 8,820 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Ok fair enough, im new here but generally my experience on other forums is that moderators do have the authority to lock/delete a thread if they feel its no longer valid to the forum. Im not arguing for this by the way, if im honest i dont really know if there are any rules beyond a swear filter here.
    I believe its the same here Sith, although rA seems to demur

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Really? You mean the man who campaigned to get himself the sack?
    You have to do better there RA. Also voters put him there to campaign on their behalf, the other 4 certainly were not.
    No...as you well know I don’t mean ‘the man who campaigned to get himself the sack’, although I knew you’d rapidly seek to misinterpret it that way.
    I mean the man who owes everything he has - wealth, fame, political profile etc - to being the ‘face’ of UKIP and the Brexit campaign. The man who this thread was started about...and the man who Brexit has made vastly better off while the rest of us live in a poorer and ever more divided country.

Ok fair enough, im new here but generally my experience on other forums is that moderators do have the authority to lock/delete a thread if they feel its no longer valid to the forum. Im not arguing for this by the way, if im honest i dont really know if there are any rules beyond a swear filter here.
    Probably best not to go there again and I think you’re probably right.
    Generally speaking however - with one exception in all the time I’ve been here - a thread has never been closed at the moderator’s whim. It’s only happened when arguments have become truly distasteful or just too personal.
    He’s a ‘moderator’ not a ‘censor’ as regards topics for discussion and forum threads, by definition, will always sink or swim according to the level of interest.

Surely continued discussion on here, in the pub, or anywhere should not be considered 'banging on' until such time its been recognised that either

A. Its always going to be a **** show, or
    B. Its proven leaving was actually the better choice

As those who voted leave and claiming that it will take years, if not decades, for any benefit to be seen then it would seem this thread should remain open for a long time yet.

The fact it remains open means it invites discussion, if Andy doesnt want it discussed the lock the thread and ban future discussion.
    Lol at either A or B ever happening to the satisfaction of either the country, or for that matter those who REALLY matter, ie we forum members

You’re right in what you’ve said in this and other posts that I’ve actually got carte Blanche regarding locking threads AND sanctioning users (right up to deleting their accounts) without reason, I think in 6 years of so I’ve locked maybe ten threads all but one I think for duplication, i think there was one started by a trouble maker off another board, and seriously sanctioned one forum member (despite a ‘threat’ made to me), that user got the message and when he pops up he’s fairly benign now. All in all this place is fairly quiet compared to other forums I’ve moderated

There thousands of EU rules and laws now integrated into our systems. Everyone of them comes into conflict with anything new we want to do. I certainly am not going to trawl through them all.
    But lets take the most controversial of the moment.
    1. Fishing- firstly, let me say I have been deep sea angling since intoduced to it at 15. In those days, you would come back with a boat full of fish. I have watched it decline to a shadow of its former self, by massive over fishing. My first ever cod weighed 19ibs, I was awe struck. Now 3 lbs is an avergae fish? That is worrying. I have asked many skippers why and the answer is always the same. Quotas decided by the EU allow too many people to fish the North sea. They portray themselves as managing the stocks, but its bollox.
    They don't all fish for the fish we want either. They trawl for bait fish species, just to turn them into fertilizer for agriculture. What do you suppose the Cod/Haddock feed on? The food chain is very complex. Even the methods used by the EU fleets are wrong under their rules, like beam fishing. Net sizes as well.
    We aint in the EU anymore, but still we follow the rules laid out. No wonder the fisherman kick off.
    Same for shell fish as well. One minute, whilst an EU member or methods/ treatments are perfectly acceptable, then they suddenly are not due to "their" rules. Spite just about covers it.

2. Illegal migrants.
    Directive 2013/797EC which basically sets high standards of accomodation that asylum seekers must be housed in. Now forgetting the fact that the French do not put theirs in 4 and 5 star hotels( I blame our governnment/judges/left wing moaners for that). We are not in the EU anymore, so how the hell is this still applying?
    Camps and tents are used all over the world to house refugees, not top notch hotels. Yet EU rules and laws have forced us to do so.
    Folks wonder why we are now the current top target for migrants?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

You’re right in what you’ve said in this and other posts that I’ve actually got carte Blanche regarding locking threads AND sanctioning users (right up to deleting their accounts) without reason...
    Lol...you’d think with all this ‘carte blanche’ power you’d be able to stop worrying about making MA an additional mod wouldn’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...you’d think with all this ‘carte blanche’ power you’d be able to stop worrying about making MA an additional mod wouldn’t you?
    I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I have.
    Touché!

I'm surprised you'd want MAas moderator anyway, just another person to argue with / fall out with. 😄😄😄

, Can I buy that those in the age group that had the biggest share of leave votes (The over 75's) voted for something that they knew they wouldn't start to see the benefit of until they were probably dead then..No, i cant buy that.

They could of course argue they were doing it for todays young people, but as todays young people voted in favour of remaining then surely let them choose for themselves?
    Trouble being, they couldn’t be bothered, or at least too many of them couldn’t - if they’d have voted in the same proportion as the coffin dodgers this thread would have died after 50 or so posts. I’ve mentioned before the photo in, I think the guardian, of ‘young people’ who were bothered enough to get on stage at Glastonbury waving EU flags but not bothered enough to NOT be at Glastonbury and actually vote.

Page 882 of 923 FirstFirst ... 382782832872880881882883884892 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)