+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Mellon gone and Hughes incoming

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I'm asking you, as you are the one who knows about this. And I'm actually being serious here, is he out there with "his players" as in the guys he has given contracts out to in the past season which were a bit controversial like Clark, Pawlett, Connolly?
    The HIS players was a dig to posters who tried to turn it from in Portugal at the same time to actually being out on the lash with them. The players in Portugal i was referring to were younger guys mate who would be hiding from him or more likely not even in the same resort.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The HIS players was a dig to posters who tried to turn it from in Portugal at the same time to actually being out on the lash with them. The players in Portugal i was referring to were younger guys mate who would be hiding from him or more likely not even in the same resort.
    Ok, fair enough, makes sense. Cheers

Nope that's not correct GB

You posted that TA was in Portugal with HIS players.

I questioned the likelihood of that and your response was they might not be in the same resort.

I will give you another story though,Neilson went to The Big Man and told him a certain player would struggle at Premiership level and should not be given a contract extension.Tony took the advice on board and proceeded to extend the player's contract by a further 18 months.

If an experienced coach like Neilson is not being listened to what chance has Tam got?.I really hope he can prove the majority of us wrong but he is at the complete mercy of The Big Man.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I’m feeling more positive already. Following the YouTube interview my feeling is we’ve moved from totally phucked to mostly phucked. How’s that for positivity!
    Not bad 😂😂

I will give you another story though,Neilson went to The Big Man and told him a certain player would struggle at Premiership level and should not be given a contract extension.Tony took the advice on board and proceeded to extend the player's contract by a further 18 months.

If an experienced coach like Neilson is not being listened to what chance has Tam got?.I really hope he can prove the majority of us wrong but he is at the complete mercy of The Big Man.
    Which player was that

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Nope that's not correct GB

You posted that TA was in Portugal with HIS players.

I questioned the likelihood of that and your response was they might not be in the same resort.
    I was not having a go at you and already posted earlier that when i said Tony was in Portugal with his players i meant in the country at the same time as them not boggieing in the Disco's with them.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Which player was that
    If i was gonna post the name i would already have done it mate.Its no hard to work it out though.The main issue is i trust Neilson's judgement more than The Big Man's but the latter called all the shots and he is even more powerful tonight with Tam in place.

Well now that the appointment is confirmed how do I feel about it.

Disappointed certainly as I would have been a more experienced and safe appointment at this time in what is going to be a very tough Premiership this coming season.

I do have sympathy for Tam and Liam to be thrown into a difficult with a kit of the support being highly doubtful and sceptical over this appointment myself included.

However if Courts and Fox do surprise and get the time doing well in the various competitions then I will be quick to admit that I was wrong in doubting them.

However if it goes wrong and badly I would hope that TA is as quick to remedy the situation as he was to get his chosen management team in place.

And if this does goes go badly wrong given Tony's decision making over that sure given the supports reaction then his position at the club surely will be done for.

On big Tony's head so be it if this goes wrong.

just watched the interview with Tam. He's certainly keen and ambitious. I really hope this works out.

Plenty of clues though at the Mellon departure. Wasted season for Shanks, boring performances, not enough young players in the team. Concerned that they had to mention he hoped the first team would support him. If they don't then we are up the creek.

Big risk this but most of our managers have been crap.

Welcome Tam. Please give us something to shout about come July 9th!

All fans need to get behind the appointment and let the man do his talking on the park. Would it be rubbish if our first time back after so long was just to moan. We need to roar this team on.

Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)