+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 893 of 923 FirstFirst ... 393793843883891892893894895903 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,930 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So Norway have 800,000 out of a 5 million population. We have 6 million out of 67 million population. So pro rata they have more immigrants. Was that your point?
    Nope
    UK population density 270/km2
    Norway population density 8.69 /Km 2

free movement didn't suddenly overwhelm the country.
    Less social clash= less aggrevation. I didn't include any external/asylum numbers in the UK 6 million either.

You may need to review that statement in light of inhabitable area. Have you been to Spitzbergen etc al?

You may need to review that statement in light of inhabitable area. Have you been to Spitzbergen etc al?
    Yes GP i understand that. The same applies to a lot of the UK as well.
    Norway in no way has cities as dense as ours.

Oslo 1,356 / km²

London 5596 / km2

I thought Hawkeye was the Korean option, or at very least Iowan
    No GP, it's the Scottish option.... Hawkeye the noo

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Nope
    UK population density 270/km2
    Norway population density 8.69 /Km 2

free movement didn't suddenly overwhelm the country.
    Less social clash= less aggrevation. I didn't include any external/asylum numbers in the UK 6 million either.
    On the other hand of course they did have a far right mass shooting, so your analogy is a little flawed. The UK wasn't overwhelmed with free movement, I mean you quoted east Anglia, which I know very well having lived and worked there before and post Brexit and in reality not one place is "A replica of Warsaw", not least because there are a number of Portuguese, Lithuanian etc. in the mix! Oh and rather than 6 million, the number of EU citizens post Brexit is closer to 5 million, but hey why bother with facts and reality when one can parrot the hyperbole dished out by right wing commnetators?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    On the other hand of course they did have a far right mass shooting, so your analogy is a little flawed. The UK wasn't overwhelmed with free movement, I mean you quoted east Anglia, which I know very well having lived and worked there before and post Brexit and in reality not one place is "A replica of Warsaw", not least because there are a number of Portuguese, Lithuanian etc. in the mix! Oh and rather than 6 million, the number of EU citizens post Brexit is closer to 5 million, but hey why bother with facts and reality when one can parrot the hyperbole dished out by right wing commnetators?
    Much simpler than having to come with joined up thoughts......

So here’s a great idea Swale, and I’m aiming it at you because you’re the only one who does it. Every time there’s an anecdote that doesn’t fit with your line of reasoning you actively try to discredit it and/or the originator, yet you offer any number of anecdotes of your own which you expect us to believe. My suggestion is that you either ease off on discrediting other folks anecdotes and focus on reasoned argument against them or accept that everyone of your anecdotes will be described by one or other of us as a load of invented bo-lox. Just a suggestion
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 05-03-2023 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    So here’s a great idea Swale, and I’m aiming it at you because you’re the only one who does it.
    Sorry AF but you’re totally wrong on that and you can ‘rat a tat tat’ as much as you like, but you and Tricky are the absolute masters of the unsubstantiated anecdote and although yours may often be a tad more credible it’s actually quite alarming that you can’t recognise that.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry AF but you’re totally wrong on that and you can ‘rat a tat tat’ as much as you like, but you and Tricky are the absolute masters of the unsubstantiated anecdote and although yours may often be a tad more credible it’s actually quite alarming that you can’t recognise that.
    Sorry but as usual you’ve missed the point

However, as you intimate that some of my anecdotes lack credibility I’m happy to verify any/all by pm. Shall I start with my friend the Syrian refugee?
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 05-03-2023 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Sorry but as usual you’ve missed the point

However, as you intimate that some of my anecdotes lack credibility I’m happy to verify any/all by pm. Shall I start with my friend the Syrian refugee?
    rA hit the nail on the head! The fact you think he missed whatever point you thought you were making, says more about your inability to look beyond your own narrow perspective on life. We have been here before and I ahve suggested you broaden your source of information and rely less on what you think you know!

Basically all of your anecdotes lack credibility! But you've shot your credibility so many times, with some of the daft things you have posted, that to be honest I doubt you can verify any, but go on give us a laugh by trying to.

Page 893 of 923 FirstFirst ... 393793843883891892893894895903 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)