+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Osborne

Sam rescues a point with an injury time equaliser for 10 man Leamington tonight v Fylde. Is that 5 goals in the last 4 games for the lad?

5 in last 3 mate.

Doing well so far like Colby Bishop scoring at Accy too.

Like Ozzy, there has been many talented young players allowed to leave the club, because the
    manager(s) haven't had the balls to give them time to develop. We should stop having to rely on over the hill stop gap players and plan for the future with our own home grown players..

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    5 in last 3 mate.

Doing well so far like Colby Bishop scoring at Accy too.
    Yeah prolific with his 1 goal in 10 games this season

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Yeah prolific with his 1 goal in 10 games this season
    He’s scoring 1 in 3 games 2 leagues above us.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    A bold statement? No, simply an observation. I've no knowledge of the players there at that time but I strongly suspect that if he hadn't been doing a good job he'd have been replaced much more quickly in the modern game. You may have noticed how quickly results are expected at all levels nowadays. To counter, could you let me know of all the failures he had there? Probably not.
    you said he was a success I asked you to qualify it ,
    I'm not sure how you would qualify him being successful ,the length of time in a job for the boys isn't really success in my eyes.
    The number of quality players produced for his club certainly is .
    Where did I say he was a failure ? so why would I need to qualify it ?
    you made the statement or observation , I would hope you could back it up when asked about it, which so far you haven't.
    All I see is an attempt of diversion.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    you said he was a success I asked you to qualify it ,
    I'm not sure how you would qualify him being successful ,the length of time in a job for the boys isn't really success in my eyes.
    The number of quality players produced for his club certainly is .
    Where did I say he was a failure ? so why would I need to qualify it ?
    you made the statement or observation , I would hope you could back it up when asked about it, which so far you haven't.
    All I see is an attempt of diversion.

Ah I'm so sorry you don't understand Pedro dear boy. All I was expressing is that it would be surprising to me if he was against using youth players if he considered them up to the job.

Trust me I don't have the mental investment in this ever more toxic forum to even attempt a diversion. It really isn't worth the effort, it's just a football messageboard - well it used to be anyway.

Ah I'm so sorry you don't understand Pedro dear boy. All I was expressing is that it would be surprising to me if he was against using youth players if he considered them up to the job.

Trust me I don't have the mental investment in this ever more toxic forum to even attempt a diversion. It really isn't worth the effort, it's just a football messageboard - well it used to be anyway.
    your original quote was
    He held the job for about 5 years successfully. I'd suggest that would at least make him an experienced judge of a young player's ability and potential.

saying he was successful, hence he was able to judge a young players ability.
    what if he wasn't successful and has no credibility when it comes to youth team players ?
    I don't know if he was or wasn't but you have said he was.
    Like I say I only asked you a simple question to qualify your faith in Ardleys ability.
    You seem to have gone from nailed on successful to surprising if he wasn't.
    yes it is a football message board.

For the sake of us decent posters, can you two take these petty squabbles to the handbags room?

Sorry Swale, I couldn't resist! I really don't envy you your job, but it's not really toxic. It's just that some take it a bit too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    For the sake of us decent posters, can you two take these petty squabbles to the handbags room?

Sorry Swale, I couldn't resist! I really don't envy you your job, but it's not really toxic. It's just that some take it a bit too seriously.
    Life's too short
    Last edited by SwalePie; 25-11-2020 at 12:23 AM.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast