+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Royal Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    Take out the religion / the history and the politics from the world over - don't forget it but use it to better ourselves - work together with science and free minds and create a new world.

One that works to include all and accepts frailty of mind body and spirit but unites free of past doctrines and battles.
    If it was only so easy Casper.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    Take out the religion / the history and the politics from the world over - don't forget it but use it to better ourselves - work together with science and free minds and create a new world.

One that works to include all and accepts frailty of mind body and spirit but unites free of past doctrines and battles.
    Wonderful idea Casper ----it is a shame that politicians and those with a political agenda will never let it happen ----and they are just the start!

I sound like a firkin hippy but more and more people get locked into how they should think rather than what they actually think.

Limited by party constraints. Free speech has gone out of the window for the world. Regardless of race we all are linked by a common humanness across the globe. There is kindness and compassion. But as soon as politics and religion enter a debate then a veil stops progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    the seed of subserviance runs deep - Map.....the little kids left school but not the indoctrination.

anyway - you did well...over there in China - bucket loads of dosh fed into your economy for all that tat - "plastic" flags - Royal mugs etc etc....you should be laughing.

Red, white and blue bunting was coming in by the container load at Felixstowe according to my Ipswich supporting mate.

Would you prefer it was solid red flag BT?

If two people in love get married in a slum or a palace they are welcome to that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    ...and 75% daft!
    Possibly more!
    Had to leave mid post so you missed the rest and I’ve lost the thread.
    I’m not sure where this thread is going now -we do meander.
    Royal wedding - Labour Party conferences - Palestine- poohing. Suppose it’s a bit like most threads in the diversionary route it takes.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 21-05-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Its the divisionary route.

**** politics - love invention.

There is one Casper ,I have meantioned it on here but non care to read it ''Its called, 'The Progressive Utilisation Theory' - PROUT

PROUT, as a theory, addresses the need to continually make progressive adjustment in our political, economic and social systems in order to achieve the highest cultivation of humanity's psychic and spiritual potential. While the fundamental principles of PROUT are based on the perennial spiritual philosophy of life, the applications and policies of PROUT must change as per the requirements of time, place and person. This built-in adaptability will safeguard against the pitfalls of dogmatism. Freedom from dogma is in itself a sign of progress because dogma keeps the mind from expansion and fulfillment.

Utilization is the second key word in understanding PROUT. Utilization means the capacity of things to satisfy the needs of living beings and spur development in the material, mental, and spiritual spheres. To satisfy human needs is the basic aim of economic activity. Here we find a fundamental difference between a Proutist system and the present day capitalist system. In capitalism, it is well known that corporations are in business to maximize returns on investment. Without this bottom line there would be no support from investors, shareholders or banks. In PROUT, however, the bottom line is to meet the needs and spur the all-round growth of living beings. Hence, the innate potential of different economic variables are not viewed as to how they may create profit for the owners of capital, but rather how they may be progressively utilized for the collective well-being.

It was Karl Marx who first analyzed the concept of commodity value and showed its dual nature -- utility value and exchange value. He went to great lengths to analyze and describe the differences and relations between these two values. He concluded that the capitalistic mode of production is based on the calculation of exchange value, with utility value being secondary. A Proutist economy takes the opposite approach and looks first and foremost towards utility value. PROUT is designed to satisfy human needs. Under PROUT, it may be tenable for unprofitable industries to be established if they provide substantial long term benefit to the people.

Finally, let us look at what we mean by theory. There are a great variety of theories around. These are all mental constructs, with or without practical value. Some are only intellectual extravaganzas, while some have value within a certain intellectual climate. Others seem well constructed, but become a total failure when we try to implement them in hard reality. PROUT, as a theory, is not an intellectual creation. Its perennial principles are based upon spiritual intuition, while the details of planning and implementation are based on the practical human problems existing in a certain place, at a certain time. The development of PROUT arises from the effort to establish rationality and social justice for all and to bring human activity into harmony with our inner spiritual aspirations.

Balan - I will definitely have an explore.

I constantly get people who when I say I am "anti politics" say "So what's the alternative?"

To be honest I haven't a clue but if I go into a butchers and they only have tripe or trotters and I don't like either and they then say you have got to have one or the other, then blllx to that I will find a different butcher.

I don't know what the alternative is but it isn't either of those.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)