+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: FK Qarabag v Dons

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Be good to get 2 early goals then hit them on.the break. Ref couldn't possibly be worse than last nights sorry excuse.

Worried that the longer we take to score the first then they will grow in confidence. I'd play jet up front on sun. Rest brown fergie Ramirez and Ramsey
    Play JET up front,......?!! BB have you not been paying attention ?

That`s it though. You can`t complain if Glass " does another Raith " on Sunday .

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

That`s it though. You can`t complain if Glass " does another Raith " on Sunday .
    I would rest Ramirez but completely agree we can't go with JET alone again. Why not play McGinn or Ruth upfront instead, maybe even both of them

Sad to see all the early positive signs being slowly extinguished. The only remaining bright spots are the two young full backs who were already at the club. Our centre of defence is looking very suspect and we have regressed to the team of last season that creates next to no chances. Slow and ponderous with no real cutting edge. Surely Glass sees these weaknesses and is working on them with something more concrete than a token bid for an opposition player to passify the support with no chance of it really happening.

As said above it is only half time and we are still in with a shout of the group stages but as things are with the players looking like being available it might come down to luck rather than a Copenhagen moment. Hopefully Glass has learned the lesson by now that resting players this early in the season does not work and it should be the strongest team in all games.

I want to believe we are heading in the right direction but performances like we have witnessed of late make it very difficult.

It’s not as bad as all that.

We were lucky as hell against Livingston , most saw resting players as the correct thing to do.
    A game of two halves against Raith Rovers, most saw resting players as the wrong thing to do.
    Fergie’s reds would have struggled to look good on Thursday Night.
    The only really predictable thing is that we’re still in August and the injury list is long.

It’s probably going to be difficult for the rest of the year but if we can get it together at the start of next year and finish the season playing the sort of football that gives us real hope for 22/23 then I reckon that’s good enough for Glass’s first season

I have in mind Billy McNeil’s tenure.
    How disappointed we were after losing the ScottCup Final, but how full of hope we were for what was to follow.

Of course, McNeil left and we ended up with some numpty that had gotten the sack from St, Mirren.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

Yes I have but ruth or mcginn won't cut it up top alone. Jet up top and jenks in the hedges role with McGinn on the wing

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789