+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: England v Italy THE FINAL

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post
    Some bang-up comments but fingering Grealish is well wide of the mark Jack tweeted "I told the gaffer I would take one” but Southgate in his sapience refused his offer !

Old Horse face was so concerned re;getting Sancho & Rashford on to the field of play before the end of extra time as the misfiring pair were integral in his consecrated choice of penalty takers

Southgate uber defensive/frightened approach i.e. lining up with 8 defenders plus Harry Kane (aka Fagin) holding this inutile deep lying midfield role contributed in England's miserable return of 2 attempts on target in 120 minutes of open play!

There was no one further up the pitch competent of holding onto the ball !

Lastly if anyone knows W/T/F Southgate’s adopted son Mason Mount brought to the party then please let us know !!
    Do one you vile p Rick. Your bottler is sh yte when he comes up against a half decent defender and resorts to diving. Mount and Foden p iss on him in every respect.

Take it up with Roy Keane who also called him a bottler.

I you never go to your s hit hole, but maybe you could write to greasy and explain to him what an encyclopedia is.

Maybe you could learn to spell the word and read the replies of your fellow club fans on here to Freer's post you ignorant fool.

Keane's a disgrace, as an ex footballer and non partisan he should have thought about his (now verified as incorrect) comments before he opened his mouth. You're about the only one in the country to say anything remotely positive about Mount, unsurprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Maybe you could learn to spell the word and read the replies of your fellow club fans on here to Freer's post you ignorant fool.

Keane's a disgrace, as an ex footballer and non partisan he should have thought about his (now verified as incorrect) comments before he opened his mouth. You're about the only one in the country to say anything remotely positive about Mount, unsurprisingly.
    F??? You you vile c???.

Don't call me ignorant fool you p Rick.

Your cohort gives it the big un on his forum and thinks he can come on here and get a free pass, and all is forgotten.

Keane is a "disgrace" because you can't handle the truth.

You are the one trying to lionise a diving C??? Like grealish who is found in gutters drunk, breaches covid rules, and then does a runner from a crash, to be later arrested for it.

Such a classy reply, I merely pointed out the replies of your fellow club posters - whether or not Freer thinks he can get a free pass is a matter for him, I'm sure he hasn't been too troubled by your response.

I suppose you never got too drunk in your life and are a paragon of virtue - his actions off the pitch with the crash and breach of Covid rules were stupid and I don't condone them - you brought them up. You mentioned Foden earlier - he also breached restrictions, along with a few others last year.

If you'd bothered yourself to read Southgate's comments you will have been aware that Grealish did not bottle it, he never bottles it on the pitch and thrives on pressure. He has had praised heaped on him by fans all over the country, including here; Southgate picked the 5 based on what had been done in training - Keane with his experience should have considered that to be a possibility.

As for your childish insults, you're the only one on here that resorts to them and it shuts down debate on what is a great forum - grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Such a classy reply, I merely pointed out the replies of your fellow club posters - whether or not Freer thinks he can get a free pass is a matter for him, I'm sure he hasn't been too troubled by your response.

I suppose you never got too drunk in your life and are a paragon of virtue - his actions off the pitch with the crash and breach of Covid rules were stupid and I don't condone them - you brought them up. You mentioned Foden earlier - he also breached restrictions, along with a few others last year.

If you'd bothered yourself to read Southgate's comments you will have been aware that Grealish did not bottle it, he never bottles it on the pitch and thrives on pressure. He has had praised heaped on him by fans all over the country, including here; Southgate picked the 5 based on what had been done in training - Keane with his experience should have considered that to be a possibility.

As for your childish insults, you're the only one on here that resorts to them and it shuts down debate on what is a great forum - grow up.
    Classy reply???

After you don't like a differing opinion to yours and label me an ignorant fool.

This "ignorant fool" has watched England matches all over the world, whilst you watched them on TV, so don't give me ignorant fool after questioning my spelling.

You come for me with Ignorant fool and you're going to get it back in spades.

You don't like my opinion and you don't like that of probably the best box to box MF since Bryan Robson.

Truth is Southgate does not trust your greasy wonder boy, because his passing is erratic, he doesn't track back and he dives and spends time protesting about it, rather than help his team regain possession.

I think greasy (soz I couldn't resist the silly name lol) Grealish is a class player and its scandalous that Gareth Southgate can't accept that when it comes to the England team.

Yes Im looking at this as an England fan, rather than as a fan of any of the West midlands clubs!.

Maybe its because he does have a poor reputation at times, and yes he might be looked at as a luxury that negative managers like Southgate simply refuses to give a fair chance to.
    What happened the other night angers me more now because that Euro's Final was there to be won, and if we were going to bring him on, it should have been much earlier than after 8 minutes of extra time. Ridiculous decision Gareth!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I think greasy (soz I couldn't resist the silly name lol) Grealish is a class player and its scandalous that Gareth Southgate can't accept that when it comes to the England team.

Yes Im looking at this as an England fan, rather than as a fan of any of the West midlands clubs!.

Maybe its because he does have a poor reputation at times, and yes he might be looked at as a luxury that negative managers like Southgate simply refuses to give a fair chance to.
    What happened the other night angers me more now because that Euro's Final was there to be won, and if we were going to bring him on, it should have been much earlier than after 8 minutes of extra time. Ridiculous decision Gareth!!.
    It's only the opinion of an ignorant fool, who has seen very little football, but it was obvious from the first match that playing 2 DMs in Phillips and Rice, Pizza hut ad boy was trying to win it the Greece way, by keeping it extremely tight and not going gung ho and being hit on the break.

That is why we did not concede a goal until the sixth game and only 2 in total.

The greasy c??? Is a luxury at best and it is all about him, from look at my Alice band to look I still have not mastered pulling my socks up, he is not a team player, instead of trying to regain possession after falling down and not getting a free kick, he spends the next minute or so feeling aggrieved about the decision going against him.

If he was so brilliant the 25 or so minutes he had (including injury time) he would have done something against 2 knackered 34 and 36 old centre backs, but he did nowt because the Italians know how to defend and put 2 on him crowded him out.

Foden was the one who could have turned the game, but he was injured.

Mount plays because he puts in the yards and does his defensive duties and can do anything the greaser can do given the freedom to deal so, as he has proven at Chelsea.

I can't be bothered to read all of the agro above, but Grealish is a quality player in my view and should be starting for England ahead of Mount.

Its hard to criticise a manager who only lost a tournament on penalties. But I constantly felt he didn't play our best side. Foden and Grealish are 2 better options than Mount IMO.

I wanted Grealish in the team from the first match. He is a class player, who scares defenders and showed enough when he did play to demonstrate we were a better team when he was on the pitch.

Foden should have had the nod over Mount.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)