+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Pelle

re: Pelle

Stunning goal today. Fast becoming a fans favourite.

5 goals in his last 6 games. That's the same rate at which he was scoring for Feyenoord over the lat 2 years: nearly a goal a game. We haven't had a goal scorer as prolific as him since Le Tissier.

He was excellent in the second half, aside from his brilliant goal. Really helped take the pressure off at times with his link up play, he is so good at chesting the ball down to a team mate. A real leader at the top of the attack, just a bit worrying we have no obvious replacement if he gets injured.

I think posts 1, 3 and 5 are my favourites on this thread. Talk about giving the bloke a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndown
    I think posts 1, 3 and 5 are my favourites on this thread. Talk about giving the bloke a chance

Post 1 was made following his performance against West Brom, where quite frankly, he was woeful.

Six games on and I'm glad to be proved wrong as we languish second in the PL as our meltdown continues.

[quote="Southerndown"]I think posts 1, 3 and 5 are my favourites on this thread. Talk about giving the bloke a chance[/quote

Post 3 was based on watching him play against West Brom, and have already posted more than one post since about his quality both on the ball and off it.
    Of course its not so funny as Jisms posts where Pelle's sh ite because he's played in the Eredivisie.

The difference being that one post was made after watching one performance, and one made before Pelle had kicked a ball.

Overhead scissor kick into the top left corner. I knew it reminded me of something. At least this one was allowed. - view external link

Great goal by Keegan, though disallowed

I was right in line with that one

We have to see Pelle's full potential, but he does hold the line well and brings the midfielders into the game. One thing I do like is when the ball is sent up to him and he knows he will not reach it, he moves to where second ball will land and makes a challenge, just like the goal against Newcastle.

The lad's growing in confidence more and more and proving a great signing. Just look at Saturday's goal, a player low on confidence would never have taken that on.

Much respect to all the Saints fans that got behind him from day one. I noticed at Millwall that the more we sang his the more he wanted it and duly got his reward.

I also think he's pretty good mates with Tadic, which can only be a good thing!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast