+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Stewarty's review.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSnakes View Post
    As did I. You seem to be stating that the economic argument did not convince you. This, to me, does not say that the economic policies were not good enough - simply that they may not have been explained properly.
    However, the fact that you were not convinced seems to indicate that you do not believe the fiscal governance would have been good enough. I simply wondered if you did not believe that a Scottish government could be as fiscally 'sensible' (given the car crash of an economy that the UK government created I use the word 'sensible' in its loosest possible context) as a UK government, and on what basis you came to that conclusion
    The SNP were the only mainstream political party wanting independence. People can say it's not about them as many times as they want but they were the only ones proposing it.

The majority of the electorate felt, as did I, that they didn't explain anything just a 'trust us' which to sensible people doesn't cut any ice.

When they said they would have a currency union with the RUK and the political parties who could/would form a RUK government said they wouldn't enter into negotiations about it they said 'trust us, they're lying'. That happened with nearly every policy issue that showed them in a negative light.

When the oil price crashed, which experts predicted and were vilified for, we got 'it's only a bonus anyway'. Hundreds of thousands of highly skilled highly paid jobs were only a 'bonus' to the economy.

We can now all see the mess they are making of local government, the NHS, education and the emergency services but guess what, its someone else's fault.

Sensuble people know they've been in power for 10 years and where the majority of the buck stops.

Dafties like wee Stewarty continually cut and paste shyte from sites like wingsoversomerset etc and really couldn't give a phuck about Scotland's REAL future as long as they could say 'we are independent'.

If they REALLY want independence they have to start looking to hold the current government to account to make Scotland better for us all and only then will they have a real chance of winning a second vote. Instead all they do is throw insults like unionists, britnat, traitor etc at those who have more intelligence than them when we start questioning what the Scottish government does.

The only thing the government do is try and spoil for a fight at every opportunity. BREXIT is the latest opportunity for them. Have they asked about people who voted Yes but don't want to be part of the EU or are they being ignored in the quest for a 2nd referendum or do they not give a phuck about their views?

I guess we won't see the answers to the SNP's recent big debate questionnaire or whatever it was called as I don't think they got the answer they wanted.

Hope this helps.

A little...

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    T

When they said they would have a currency union with the RUK and the political parties who could/would form a RUK government said they wouldn't enter into negotiations about it they said 'trust us, they're lying'. That happened with nearly every policy issue that showed them in a negative light.

When the oil price crashed, which experts predicted and were vilified for, we got 'it's only a bonus anyway'. Hundreds of thousands of highly skilled highly paid jobs were only a 'bonus' to the economy.
    Top post noah

We dodged a bullet on 18/9/14

We’re better together

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)