+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Port Vale 01/01/18

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ......and we get a break from league action next week to reassess where we go from here......KN now has a decision to make on whether to play a full~strength team v Brentford....the Lincoln game is more important than Brentford IMO, though a cup replay or a 4th round berth might bring in some extra cash.....tough one
    Tarqs 3pts @ gimps any day than Brentford game.Get out this division asap

That is a ****ing superb win for me against a team who were physical, tough and organised and should fly up the table under Aspin. Bitty, unpleasant game but who cares when you win.

Couple of weeks to get them refreshed for Lincoln now with no real pressure on the Brentford tie at all. Bit of time to get Noble involved and possibly another option upfront (impressed with Saunders today though, movement was really good).

I thought we might lose as well Tarkers, I just don't understand where BanjoPie gets his negativity from when we're in the best position we've been in for years.

Just got back from a hard fought but deserved win. The ref was poor, ignored 2 blatant penalties when first Yates was almost strangled and then Brisley was bought down when he got goal side of their defender in the first half. The one he gave looked soft but gratefully received and Stead put it away nicely. Well earned 3 points. I thought Tootle was man of the match.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I thought we might lose as well Tarkers, I just don't understand where BanjoPie gets his negativity from when we're in the best position we've been in for years.
    He is a bit at times, I agree, but everyone has an opinion.....no idea if Banjo has got iFollow but I thought we were vastly improved today....we mixed up the long ball with some nice balls in the channels, some silky stuff around the box in the 2nd half....plus we battled against a slightly nasty physical side.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Just got back from a hard fought but deserved win. The ref was poor, ignored 2 blatant penalties when first Yates was almost strangled and then Brisley was bought down when he got goal side of their defender in the first half. The one he gave looked soft but gratefully received and Stead put it away nicely. Well earned 3 points. I thought Tootle was man of the match.
    Agreed, the ref lost the plot there.....4 fouls by us, 14 by Vale.....but he gives us two bookings, both for dissent.....no wonder Duffers and Hewey got booked....both were livid with anger....I thought the Grant penno shout in front of the kop was as solid a call as I have seen

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    That is a ****ing superb win for me against a team who were physical, tough and organised and should fly up the table under Aspin. Bitty, unpleasant game but who cares when you win.

Couple of weeks to get them refreshed for Lincoln now with no real pressure on the Brentford tie at all. Bit of time to get Noble involved and possibly another option upfront (impressed with Saunders today though, movement was really good).
    Spot on....I am buzzing after that performance

Good win and just about deserved , thought Vale were a good side. Not to sure about the penalty but we should definitely have had one in the first half for a foul on Brisley. Lewis ( easier to spell ) MOM , Hewitt again, had a good game and I thought Forte played well but to be honest they all did. What I love about Vale's fans is they never fail to disappoint , what a bunch !

Didn't go to game today, first home match I've missed this season... I'm over in Sorrento for New Year, what was the penalty awarded for ?
    Great win for Notts today, though PV might spoil the show for us today after their win on Saturday and their resent results...

Off to Napoli v Atalanta tomorrow in QF of Coppa Italia, hoping Notts can get a result next Saturday at Brentford.....

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Agreed, the ref lost the plot there.....4 fouls by us, 14 by Vale.....but he gives us two bookings, both for dissent.....no wonder Duffers and Hewey got booked....both were livid with anger....I thought the Grant penno shout in front of the kop was as solid a call as I have seen
    That one was right in front of me - guy clearly stuck his arm out to block Grant. He was never actually going to get on the end of the ball but I’m not sure that should actually matter.

Quick word on Grant’s pass for that one on one that Forte fluffed - one of the little pieces of quality that set him apart from most players at this level.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast