+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Crewe Alexandra 03/02/18

Wycombe winner so we finish the day third.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Stead cheered off and replaced by Zimmer Smudge
    ZIMMER! ZIMMER! Please abandon this ageist agenda which certain posters find offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Watching on Ifollow for the first time, not impressed. The screen keeps freezing for 4/5 seconds all the time anyone else having problems?
    It was fine here in Mexico......need to make sure you clear your cache and history before the game and again at halftime....how is it going in NZ mate?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    ZIMMER! ZIMMER! Please abandon this ageist agenda which certain posters find offensive.
    Well at least it wasn't Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yep he sounds quick and skilful so far. Would love to see Hewitt get a hat trick though...or maybe both
    The guy has pace to burn...scary....took his goal well after Aless did some nice work on the edge of the box and got a good shot in....he could have had 2 or 3

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Wow thats amazing.... Bennett just hit the bar now also ha ha
    Nice to see the lad take on the defender and have a smash at goal....his confidence must be sky~high after that performance

What a superb day, well done AH for a great initiative.....great advert for L2 football and let us hope that 400 or so of the newcomers come back for more in the run~in to the end of the season.

Tough to pick out a MOM, Stead and Shola worked hard but looked unlikely to score until Aless fed Shola on the edge of the 6~yard box, his snap shot was fired straight at the keeper......Husin looks like a star in the making....AWESOME STRIKE, the new striker, Bennett, frightened the life out of Crewe, pace to burn and took his poachers goal well.....Aless was superb and Hewy tremendous, plus he bagged a couple......Jones and Hunt looked to get forward at every opportunity....my cup runneth over, delighted we are back on track even though we now have Mansfield breathing down our necks.....COYP

Great result, great advert for Notts, let’s hope a few come back.

Perfect day!

Well done to:-

- Alan Hardy for a brilliant initiative to virtually fill the ground

- Kevin Nolan for going back to your usual tactics with great success

- Elliott Hewitt for midfield performance of the very highest quality

- Noor Husin for a great goal and proving you can do the job in a two-man midfield

- The whole team, for a fine performance which shows our league position is no fluke

One thing that I wanted us to do today was put in a performance in front of our biggest crowd this century. So when Duffy who had been immense against Swansea made a mistake which lead to Crewe taking the lead I thought please no, not today. Thankfully that was to be as bad as the afternoon would get.

It was a case of each team cancelling each other out until Husin scored a wonder goal that I keep repeating must be a contender for goal of the season. It was pleasing to see us looking much more stronger and organised with the 4-4-2 formation. I thought Husin and Hewitt did really well together. Likewise Alessandra on the wing was really up for this one.

To be 2-1 up at half time was certainly a good position to be in and things got better in the second half as we have become accustomed to when Notts play towards the Kop. As we went 3-1 and 4-1 up it could have been more and we did then put a show on.

When the attendance of 17,274 was announced it was a proud moment and to look around and see so many people in the stadium is the highest amount I've seen in there since I became a season ticket holder in 1997. I remember going to JPT games away at Bury in the mid 00's and there would be 50 of us, so it's great to see so many.

Husin, and Bennet both getting goals demonstrates that we need to trust AH and KN because they are taking this club forward. I know some on here are critical of AH and his tweets and analyse every word, but I just take them with a pinch of salt. It will be interesting what the parody Alan Hardy tweets about the fans chanting AH's name today. You cant fault the initiative to reduce prices to £2 for everyone. No other chairman would do that. It was a great advert for the club.

A memorable day and now we again have some limelight as we are on BBC 1 prime time TV evening slot on Tuesday against Swansea in the cup. Lots of good publicity and PR for the club and that can only be good going forward.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast