+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Going down!!!!!

Reap what you sow

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I agree with the sentiment. But what worries me about Ardley is his apparent inability to set a team up to win. Players like Enzio, Hemmings, CMS, Stead, etc. are all at least average L2 players. You could argue that some of them are above average, or at least were before they joined Notts. But playing 4 forwards in a 4-4-2 doesn't make a team an attacking threat. As we saw yesterday, we followed the same pattern of play all game - pass it around sideways, then out wide, then cross it in and fail to win a header. Or lump it forward and fail to win a header. Exeter could have dealt with that all day long.

So why, with the players we have, can't we create chances? Why did Enzio score and assist twice as many goals last season for Crawley? Why was Hemmings a better player at Mansfield? Why did CMS go from being a well-respected striker to a headless chicken?

I agree that sacking managers is one of the main reasons we are where we are. But the problem is this: when you sack ones you shouldn't sack, it suddenly becomes harder to sack the ones you should sack. Like you've used up your quota of sackings.

Nolan should have been given more time. It was far too early in the season to sack a manager who had done so well previously.

Kewell should have been given more time. It was ridiculous to sack a manager who had got us off the bottom and out of the relegation zone after a few weeks in charge.

Ardley, of all the three, is the one most deserving of the sack. We've been rubbish under him apart from a couple of games. We've dropped from 22nd to rock bottom, and we've never really looked like getting out of trouble. Plus he's had the chance to bring in 8 new players - that's basically a new team. Yet he still can't get them creating chances.

For what it's worth, I don't think it would make much difference whether we sacked him or not. I'd probably keep him on just to avoid even more chaos, and then get rid in the summer. Start a fresh from top to bottom.
    Could not agree more

I said before it was a huge mistake to sack Nolan after just 5 matches. he was never given time to sort things out. After all he had proven experience as in Jan 17, turning the side round after 10 defeats. Nolan,s overall form over the 18 months was play off form. A large part of the responsibility lays with the chairman trying to change the style of play to attractive football. Neil Warnock once said, there is only one type of football - Winning football

Then unbelievably the chairman did it again, and sacked Kewell after just 14 matches- i honestly believe Kewell would have kept Notts up, and i do not buy all this rubbish he was arrogant . When Kewell was sacked it virtually guaranteed our relegation

Out of the 3 Ardley is the one who deserves to be sacked the most. What 20 games ,and just 4 wins, and he has had benefit of transfer window.

To be honest barring a total transformation i think we are finished, and the National League awaits. What we do next god only knows

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    You really think that’s true? I’m guessing you’ve never work for a poor manager.
    Actually I have. My reaction is to do as good a job as possible for the only thing I'm responsible for = my own work. Now, if our players did this....

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789