+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 👋Ruben leaves

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Similar stats then to LW before he came to notts taking just 1.13 PPM while at Swindon.
    LW had a basket case of an owner and one club. Seems this chap has bad stats with two

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Players come and go, we move on.. I wonder where wonder boy Nemane wonder will end up ?
    At least we know why his performances were down during the last 8 games. In the interview he mentions talking to the manager before the end of the seaon but he was focused on getting promotion with Notts....but his mind was elsewhere. Good luck to him, anyone know the length of the contract? Doesn't seem to mention it anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by oxford95 View Post
    Oxford fan here. Last season was hopefully an outlier for us. Previous to that we had a top 10 finish and two play off finishes. We have a top 6 budget for League One and have wealthy owners who will back the new manager in this summer window.

I am very happy with the signing. I understand why it may on paper look odd for Notts County fans of why Oxford, but Oxford are currently a step up from Notts County on and off the pitch, with the aim being to reach the Championship and move into a new stadium in the near future.
    Best of luck to you and Ruben.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Is he? Got sacked by MK Dons after getting 15 points from 60 and leaving them 6 points from safety. Doesn't sound very up and coming to me. He coached abroad before MK Dons, sounds very Ian Birchnall. His record from the 10 games at Oxford is only a 20% win rate and just avoided relegation to L2.

I still think it's an odd move for Ruben's career
    Overall, not too shabby?

Name:  Screenshot 2023-06-13 210621.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  20.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    At least we know why his performances were down during the last 8 games. In the interview he mentions talking to the manager before the end of the seaon but he was focused on getting promotion with Notts....but his mind was elsewhere. Good luck to him, anyone know the length of the contract? Doesn't seem to mention it anywhere
    It just says, "Long term "

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Best of luck to you and Ruben.
    My very best wishes go out to RR - you have been bldy brilliant for us. Hope your career continues its upward trend.

Meanwhile, we have effectively swapped JJ & RR. Not a bad deal IMHO... thanks, Oxford.

Thank you for the wonderful moments, the wonderful goals and all your passion and hard work….a pleasure to have seen you play.

But oh my word…..What have you done?? Can’t help but feel this is a bad move for you kid.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Thank you for the wonderful moments, the wonderful goals and all your passion and hard work….a pleasure to have seen you play.

But oh my word…..What have you done?? Can’t help but feel this is a bad move for you kid.
    I disagree. He’s gone to a L1 club that didn’t do well last season. In theory he has a better chance of breaking in to the starting line up fairly sharpish and will enjoy possibly being one of the big fish. Compare that with some of the other clubs linked with him where he could have found himself in the wilderness.
    Time will tell of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I disagree. He’s gone to a L1 club that didn’t do well last season. In theory he has a better chance of breaking in to the starting line up fairly sharpish and will enjoy possibly being one of the big fish. Compare that with some of the other clubs linked with him where he could have found himself in the wilderness.
    Time will tell of course.
    I agree with you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    He's gone from the National League to League One, how many levels is that?
    Clearly, it's two levels. But we got promoted so - for next season - he's going to be playing one league higher than if he'd stayed with us.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast