+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's World Cup..who will win it?

Pleased they beat the Aussies and got to the final but talk about an over-hyped commentary!
    Apparently every tackle, pass or save by an England player was either "brilliant" or "world class" when in reality most of them were fairly mundane.
    England's first goal and Australia's equaliser were both high quality though.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Can't watch women's football. 2 questions who on here would pay to watch it regular? Also tell me any team game played like men's EFL any women who can play to same level week in week out? Reminds me of arguments about non-paying rugby union followers only international level & horseracing men in every week who at least pay their money at the bookies on what should be on tv
    When did Rotherham last play in front of Attendance:

Only saw bits but looked an absorbing game. Well played ladies - will be cheering them on big time at the weekend. Brilliant achievement for our country!

Can't watch women's football. 2 questions who on here would pay to watch it regular? Also tell me any team game played like men's EFL any women who can play to same level week in week out? Reminds me of arguments about non-paying rugby union followers only international level & horseracing men in every week who at least pay their money at the bookies on what should be on tv
    You're right.

Never thought I'd type that.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    You're right.

Never thought I'd type that.
    Any chance you could translate it for the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Any chance you could translate it for the rest of us?
    Alas, Stanley Unwin was the only man who could speak the same language and sadly he passed away over 20 years ago.

I'd pay to watch it. If my daughter was interested, I'd be over the moon to pay and take her to it.

You lost me after sentence two.

If the media didn't keep trying to convince people it's the same standard as men's football then it would be more enjoyable IMO.

Who'd pay match day prices now at the NYS to watch women's football?

Women's football needs to be seen as a totally different sport to the game played by men. Comparisons are pointless.

If you accept that it is a sport in its own right, it can be seen as entertaining and the achievement of the Lionesses is something to be enjoyed and celebrated.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast