+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Stirling Albion v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    No, just that the narrow victory against Clydebank put us into the next round of the 1970 Scottish Cup.

Hopefully it turns out to be relevant.

Struggling again lower league opposition in cups is nothing new, in fact I would say it's what cup competitions should be all about.
    And was our very next fixture after that match in Europe with massive financial implications?

Serious question as I have no idea but I'm 100% certain you will.

That was the gist of my post but that may not be what you took from it, best to ask the voices in your head.

Well you're 100%wrong.
    Not really because we would never have been in Europe at that time of year.
    So what's your point?
    You would rather have played a weakened team?

Because other than than I fail to see what the European tie has to do with it.

If however, you're really saying it's about time we got our defence sorted out then I agree, and may have mentioned it a few times on here.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 20-08-2023 at 12:34 PM.

Well you're 100%wrong.
    Not really because we would never have been in Europe at that time of year.
    So what's your point?
    You would rather have played a weakened team?

Because other than than I fail to see what the European tie has to do with it.

If however, you're really saying it's about time we got our defence sorted out then I agree, and may have mentioned it a few times on here.
    100% wrong with regards what exactly?

No I wouldn't have rather we played a weakened team, I never once suggested that so not sure where you've taken that from? I'd much rather we were a cohesive outfit that played a team in the lower leagues off the park with a much larger scoreline that enabled us to make several substitutions to freshen up legs and protect our star players. This was nowhere near the case on Friday and I'd say we were fortunate that Stirling didnt equalise.

As mentioned before, we're going into a massive fixture having played terribly in the previous fixture against a team we skelped 5-0 just last season. This is where the European tie comes in to it, as well you know but keep being obtuse about it, proving me right with what I said about you.

Well you were 100% certain so I was answering that.

As for believing cup football should be about bigger teams thrashing smaller teams……well maybe we should just scrap cup football.

I’d have loved a 5-0 victory but let’s keep that for the huns.
    Or do we not deserve to win games against them?

Tell you what, let’s scrap playing games altogether, just compare bank accounts and declare a winner.

Well you were 100% certain so I was answering that.

As for believing cup football should be about bigger teams thrashing smaller teams……well maybe we should just scrap cup football.

I’d have loved a 5-0 victory but let’s keep that for the huns.
    Or do we not deserve to win games against them?

Tell you what, let’s scrap playing games altogether, just compare bank accounts and declare a winner.
    Ooops you did it again, did I ever say that believing cup football should be about bigger teams thrashing smaller teams? All I was talking about was a performance that was worthy of our league placing compared to them, performances don't dictate results which I'm acutely aware of but there does tend to be a correlation between the two.

Shocks can happen in cup football, as Aberdeen fans then I think we know more than most about cup upsets, especially when being on the losing side. Again however I have to stress the fact that we're going into a game on Thu where we're looking to get a favourable result and confidence from your previous fixtures, not just in results but in performances also will play a part in how the result is on Thursday.

You'd have loved a 5-0 victory on Friday? Strangely another poster on here thought otherwise and loved the tight scoreline that we had, didn't see you haranguing them after their comment though? Can I ask why that was? Maybe you only direct your attempted belittling comments at those of us such as myself who don't message as frequently on here and as such don't have a "Hall of Fame" tag under their username?

You can scrap playing games all you want, never my hope that it would be the future for football or are you trying to pick out something I said previously that you can attach that comment to also?

Your inner monologue must be fascinating, sad but fascinating.

You didn't see me haranguing you after your comments either.

Me mentioning the Clydebank game wasn't aimed at you, it was probably aimed at me because I know I've mentioned it before.

No doubt 57 Vintage will be on soon to tell me they didn't wear blue and white but in fact it was white and blue.
    Or that Martin Buchan had previously led the team in some obscure friendly Ive forgotten about.

I almost said it was Tommy Rae that scored , I'd have been in trouble for that, just as well I looked it up because it was The Brush.

You didn't see me haranguing you after your comments either.

Me mentioning the Clydebank game wasn't aimed at you, it was probably aimed at me because I know I've mentioned it before.

No doubt 57 Vintage will be on soon to tell me they didn't wear blue and white but in fact it was white and blue.
    Or that Martin Buchan had previously led the team in some obscure friendly Ive forgotten about.

I almost said it was Tommy Rae that scored , I'd have been in trouble for that, just as well I looked it up because it was The Brush.
    Apologies, my comments were for 57 and not yourself. I was busy with other stuff and confused yourself with him.

I'm much younger and prettier than him.

I'm much younger and prettier than him.
    Of that I would have no idea, you and 57 can deliberate that amongst yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Yeah because I was calling for Robsons head with the post I made eh? What a complete misreading of what I wrote, congrats to you!

I have no idea what the Huns team was that played yesterday, did they make any changes to their strongest starting lineup?

Did they go into yesterdays game having not won yet?
    I wouldn’t have thought it would have mattered what the Huns line up was.

Surely even a second string team should be destroying Morton at home?

You said their fans wouldn’t accept a poor performance against a lower league team.

I would imagine they don’t really care.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast