+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: O/T:- The Dam Busters!

Haha Mapperley, it's about time the BBC news followed your mantra. Brexit is so bad we are now outperforming Germany and France, and the Govenor of the Bank of England, who told everyone in the lead up to Brexit, how disastrous it would be for the country, is now saying what business opportunities it is opening up for the country. It is a shame you won't watch the Lawrence Fox vlog, as it gives more detail behind the story.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Learn your history. The film was based on true events! The headstone is real.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/59662214@N06/6896596501
    Well, okay. You'll have to forgive me that my knowledge of WW2 (less than some, more than others) doesn't extend to the commemoration of dead pets. That's niche, and as I've said, a weird thing to get obsessed about.

Yes, there was (once) a headstone for a dog.

However, according to a BBC article linked from the Wikipedia page linked from that photo, it was removed in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Haha Mapperley, it's about time the BBC news followed your mantra. Brexit is so bad we are now outperforming Germany and France, and the Govenor of the Bank of England, who told everyone in the lead up to Brexit, how disastrous it would be for the country, is now saying what business opportunities it is opening up for the country. It is a shame you won't watch the Lawrence Fox vlog, as it gives more detail behind the story.
    I have to say on a separate note, what happened yesterday with that raid on his house is very worrying for all regarding the direction society is heading regardless of political allegiance.

Yes anyone with a dissenting voice to the authorities, will soon be carted off, in the middle of the night a la, Night of the Long Knives.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789