+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours - summer signings

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    From what we've seen so far, that is an excellent list of signings from Ray. Credit where credit is due. A couple unknowns who still need time to prove themselves. Nkoyi, Briels and the goalies but I am really encouraged going into the season.

Who next? Quinn? Another striker?

Roll on Wednesday!
    If Briels has still to prove himself then i think King, Scobbie, Stanton and Keatings should also be considered in that bracket! I think Briels may just prove to be up there with McMullan by the end of the season. Cant wait to see him line up with Fyvie!

James McFadden out of contract looking for a club. Do a job or is he too similar to McDonald?

**** no.

Quote Originally Posted by arab_pat View Post
    James McFadden out of contract looking for a club. Do a job or is he too similar to McDonald?
    Nothing like McDonald but think this would be like signing VDV!

Maybe not nads, however that amount of cash must own a few doors.
    We only have x2 strikers. One proven and one an unknown to us. The last jigsaw piece and it's happy birthday Ralph ,
    I'm sure he, whoever it is, is lined up.
    Come on Tommo, spend and bring it home.

I'd love it if those zeefuick rumours were true. Would give us multiple styles up top and he's probably cheaper than nads

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    If Briels has still to prove himself then i think King, Scobbie, Stanton and Keatings should also be considered in that bracket! I think Briels may just prove to be up there with McMullan by the end of the season. Cant wait to see him line up with Fyvie!
    I like the look of Briels quick into a tackle or block - sure time will tell but he looks quality. Man this is so different from last season

I've only seen us against Dundee on TV and in the flesh against ICT this season, so its not too much to go on, but my early assessment is that the centre-halves and keeper look fine. Scobbie looks a classic St John defender, does all the nasty things our defenders have lacked in the past, probably a better balance with Edge and Durnan at centre back due to having a left footer and right footer playing together. Our full-back options are not great whoever we play, Scobbie/Murdoch probably the best defensively, but we lack quality going forward from full-back, and our playing out from the back is poor as our defenders aren't great with the ball at their feet. Pressed high up we will prob give away/lump it, which is handy therefore having mcmullans pace to target, but ideally need a physical presence up front.

I actually thought Allardyce played ok sat and did a lot of good work off the ball and tracking back, I was a bit disappointed in Briels to be honest, thought his passing was bit suspect and seems to feel the need to make needless fouls at times and pick up pointless bookings. Stanton has surprised me, gets about the park, some nice touches, needs to work on his final pass/shot. Think Fyvie will be an upgrade on what we have in midfield, and could be important signing.

Up front there is a massive improvement just by having some pace and movement. We definitely have the players in this division to cause teams problems, and its nice to see flashes of good football again. I think King is a footballer but seems to lack a bit of heart/dig which maybe explains why he has ended up with us, McMullan looks superb, Fraser is Fraser, struggles with defensive side of the game, Toshney/Fraser combo has def been a concern last couple of games. Maybe Stanton would provide better protection for full back against Dundee.

Definitely some good signs of getting a decent squad together, but could do with some physical presence up top esp (Nkoyi?), as we are lightweight King/Fraser with a lot of dwarfs - stanton, mcmullan, flood, keetings, macdonald

Quote Originally Posted by arab_pat View Post
    I'd love it if those zeefuick rumours were true. Would give us multiple styles up top and he's probably cheaper than nads

a big striker and a defender of similar quality to whats been brought in and future is bright - to be honest as is i think we will be strong but a bit of height.

Given choice - striker or defender?

Defender. 100%

McDonald may be small but he's a strong wee *******. Bringing in a target man may result in our hoofball defenders doing just that.

Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)