+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

We’re signing players that fit a certain criteria and system, and I’m delighted with that. In terms of this particular signing, it was always a difficult position to fill. We need competition for Wootton, but to buy a marquee signing on big money was never on the cards. So it has to be a player that has potential, is ready to contribute immediately if called upon, but also be expected to sit on the bench for long periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Anyone slightly
    underwhelmed with this signing

NO!

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Let's get this straight. I thought Dennis was bang average for us and offered little return for the investment. But he was a poacher, a fox in the box. Wootton's misses on Saturday highlight that we still do not have one of those in the squad. Rodders is talented and exciting, but he does not operate in the box. I think last season that was where we went wrong, particularly after IB arrived. We created lots of chances but Wootton missed too many of them.

You may think football has moved on, but I disagree. You need a player who gets into the box to score the tap ins.
    To be fair to Kyle, maybe he does miss some but last season from what I can see he scored 12 in 22 league games and 16 in 27 games overall. That's not a bad return is it?

For reference Kristian got 12 in 30 league games and 15 in 35 games overall in the season before.

I know there is far more to it than stats alone but it does put some things into perspective, consider it in terms of value for money.

In terms of a 'value for money' comparison, there is no contest#RSF

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    To be fair to Kyle, maybe he does miss some but last season from what I can see he scored 12 in 22 league games and 16 in 27 games overall. That's not a bad return is it?

For reference Kristian got 12 in 30 league games and 15 in 35 games overall in the season before.

I know there is far more to it than stats alone but it does put some things into perspective, consider it in terms of value for money.
    Woots played pretty much every game...except for when he was suspended? Way more than 27 games so dunno where you got that from? I really like Wootton, but he's not a poacher.

Got the stats quickly without double checking so could be wrong. Agree he is not a poacher but he is still useful at this level, not sure what you think we could realistically expect to get without doing a Hardy style overspend.

Checked and stats were up to early March so not the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Checked and stats were up to early March so not the end of the season.
    https://www.nottscountystats.com/players-2020-21

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    This has to be "Scoop" being fed yet more terrible information? Bearing in mind rumours are not exactly forthcoming, even from more reputable sources, he is currently 0 for 2, this is either the club trying to put pressure their actual target or trolling Chesterfield. I'd personally go with the former or it's just bull
    Erm .....

There is no doubt that IB is building a squad, not just a team. He has obviously decided that Wootton will be his first choice, so I see no point in going for a marquee signing who would possibly take his place. In getting someone who could play in his place if he is out then IB has done the right thing.

At the beginning I doubted IB but have to say that he seems far better than I expected. The big test imo will be how happy he can keep all the players. There seems to be a good team-spirit though and I think that having Doyle as his no. 2 will only enhance that.

I reckon it could be a really good season.

Some Chesterfield fans on that Bobs Board seem to think they might be signing Andrew Dallas (Cambridge striker, heavily linked with us) to replace Mitchell. Be an interesting signing if it happens.

Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast