+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 904 of 923 FirstFirst ... 404804854894902903904905906914 ... LastLast
Results 9,031 to 9,040 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;40263413]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Andy talking anecdotally about his family/rock n roll buddies while resurrecting the term ‘remoaners’ and general, no longer relevant, comment on who did and who didn’t vote back in 2016.

/QUOTE]

So in essence I can’t offer any contribution to the discussion, that sounds like cancel culture to me.
    You probably could, but as in so many instances you choose not to for some reason.

Neither did I ever say ‘7 years of leaving’. I said ‘almost seven years on from the Referendum’...so yes, let’s ‘get that right’.

Broken promises? How about the words on Boris’ battle bus as probably the most notable...the ‘oven ready deal’...the suggestion that resolving the NI issue would be simple? How’s that just for starters.

GP...of course we digress. We started out looking at Statista’s suggested statistics about how the Brexit view had changed and now you’ve moved to blaming ‘idiots’ who voted for Brexit, Andy talking anecdotally about his family/rock n roll buddies while resurrecting the term ‘remoaners’ and general, no longer relevant, comment on who did and who didn’t vote back in 2016.

P.S. It’s a public forum Tricky...why would I pm you on something that isn’t personal?
    rA it is already becoming clear that the arch Brexiteers are now claiming it isn't Brexit, its the fact it wasn't delivered properly - this is despite a) Most of the promises made at the time being undeliverable and b) It now being obvious just what the negative impact of Brexit is, which was highlighted at the time but dismissed as project fear.

Of course for some sovereignty is worth it - though why in that case we have just entered a trade deal which means the UK being a rule taker (one of the criticisms of the EU) but more than that allows companies and international corporations to sue the Government if they adopt policies or legislation that negatively impacts them.

In any case the move towards reintegration with the Eu at least economically is already starting, as reality overcomes the ideological ****wittery of certain politicians and Brexit supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    That’s one of your more amusing statements
    This comment merely confirms your inability to comprehend matters. Shame really.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;40263433]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

Utter nonsense. How on earth do you reach that conclusion?
    I was answering GP’s point that there had been no ‘digression’, when clearly there has.

Beyond that you joined Tricky in questioning the validity of my original statistics (from Statista) and then somehow substituted those figures with the beliefs of your own family, friend(s), neighbours and colleagues.
    I’d suggest Statista’s two thousand might just be a little more reliable than your anecdotes and that you’re just disingenuously trying to introduce ‘cancel culture’ into a debate which it is totally irrelevant to.
    I ‘joined’ no-one, just aimed to clarify the source of stats you’d referred to (partly by me referring to a post you hadn’t read, hadn’t understood or had chosen to ignore). I think GPs response on this earlier today is better than I have time to write at present

My anecdotes were in response to a post from Ramshank not yourself and given that you’ve been gaslit into not believing any of my anecdotes they obviously weren’t intended for your consumption

The cancel culture thing was just a bit of joshing

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;40263579]

I ‘joined’ no-one, just aimed to clarify the source of stats you’d referred to (partly by me referring to a post you hadn’t read, hadn’t understood or had chosen to ignore). I think GPs response on this earlier today is better than I have time to write at present

My anecdotes were in response to a post from Ramshank not yourself and given that you’ve been gaslit into not believing any of my anecdotes they obviously weren’t intended for your consumption

The cancel culture thing was just a bit of joshing
    Ah yes...of course...good old Andy and his jolly old ‘joshing’. The ever ready AF escape route.

‘Gaslit’? Who the hell has ‘gaslit’ me? You really do talk some bollux AF...and it’s not a matter of believing or disbelieving your anecdotes...it’s a question of which has more credibility, Statista’s sample of 2000 voters (apparently not enough according to Tricky) or your friends, family and various associates? Let’s just say I’d go with the former.

Or neither?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Or neither?
    Of course.
    But if I tried to use the voting of my friends and acquaintances as indicative of national levels of support for Brexit (Leave = 4, Remain = 24) you’d (rightly) dismiss the idea.
    Similarly if I said that since the Referendum one of the ‘leavers’ had died and another had recognised the error of their ways, while all the
    ‘remainers’ were unchanged, so therefore support for Leave must be in decline you’d (again rightly) ridicule the suggestion.

The only conclusion you might be able to reach from the above is with regard to the company I keep.

So why not pay some attention to the Statista figures, especially seeing as Tricky’s initial objections seem to have been exposed by MA as ‘questionable’? Like all polls it’s imperfect and probably flawed, but it seems to provide a better and more up to date analysis of current opinion than anything else on offer.

Of course.
    But if I tried to use the voting of my friends and acquaintances as indicative of national levels of support for Brexit (Leave = 4, Remain = 24) you’d (rightly) dismiss the idea.
    Similarly if I said that since the Referendum one of the ‘leavers’ had died and another had recognised the error of their ways, while all the
    ‘remainers’ were unchanged, so therefore support for Leave must be in decline you’d (again rightly) ridicule the suggestion.

The only conclusion you might be able to reach from the above is with regard to the company I keep.

So why not pay some attention to the Statista figures, especially seeing as Tricky’s initial objections seem to have been exposed by MA as ‘questionable’? Like all polls it’s imperfect and probably flawed, but it seems to provide a better and more up to date analysis of current opinion than anything else on offer.
    Statista samples are likely less biased than personal friend groups as the friends n family are more likely to reflect (in your case at least) same voting patterns. Your group, largely remainers, aren't changing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Statista samples are likely less biased than personal friend groups as the friends n family are more likely to reflect (in your case at least) same voting patterns. Your group, largely remainers, aren't changing anyway.
    Oops, pressed post too early.

So why do I distrust the polls? (1)
    the polls were wrong in 2016 despite Swales rather dubious theory that the polls predicting a remain win were right, and the referendum result was not.
    (2) applying the 80/20 rule, there would be at best 400 potential swing voters in the sample. Not enough to give much certainty.

A sample of 2000 might be enough to form a conclusion on a straight "do you like a new chocolate bar" type question, but when you ask "do you still like it after you've eaten it every day for 4 years" it isn't.

Anecdotally I concede that there is a backlash against Brexit, but that's always the case after any decision put to the public. Bye elections after general elections almost always see the party in power lose or see their majority slashed.

So overall I don't doubt that "if they would have known then what they know now" the 2016 result would have been different. However I don't feel the poll in question adds anything to my personal observations - which itself has no statistical validity either.

Finally, I promise, who actually commissioned the survey and what skin did they have in the game as regards outcome? Pollsters I'm sure figure out what outcome those who are paying for the poll want. And pollsters realize they will get paid better if the outcome is what's wanted.

Neither did I ever say ‘7 years of leaving’. I said ‘almost seven years on from the Referendum’...so yes, let’s ‘get that right’.

Broken promises? How about the words on Boris’ battle bus as probably the most notable...the ‘oven ready deal’...the suggestion that resolving the NI issue would be simple? How’s that just for starters.

GP...of course we digress. We started out looking at Statista’s suggested statistics about how the Brexit view had changed and now you’ve moved to blaming ‘idiots’ who voted for Brexit, Andy talking anecdotally about his family/rock n roll buddies while resurrecting the term ‘remoaners’ and general, no longer relevant, comment on who did and who didn’t vote back in 2016.

P.S. It’s a public forum Tricky...why would I pm you on something that isn’t personal?
    I meant if you was waiting from answer from me.

Page 904 of 923 FirstFirst ... 404804854894902903904905906914 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)