+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 209 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    The reason that it didn't work last time, in my opinion, is that we had Christie and Mclean who were more adept in that number 10 role, that I think suits Stewart, so he was punted out wide right. The last game of the last season v sellic, where Christie couldn't play, from memory, Stewart lined up there and was excellent.
    I was going to say something similar.

I would imagine Stewart was brought in as a replacement for McGinn but it was pretty obvious early on he isn’t a winger.

As you said the problem was we had Christie and McLean for the number 10 position so Stewart didn’t get played there much.

Now that we don’t have a number 10 he would likely play there which would make him a good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I would be astounded if DM paid money for anybody,however I would be very happy if he did pay cash for Greg Stewart as long as we give him the assurance that we will play him in his best position, not like what we did the last time round.

Live in hope pal, Stewart if it happens, on all accounts cash and playing him in the right position, would be a great signing for us.

SF
    Fat chance of Del using Stewart properly. He would just attempt to just bring him into the side as a wide player as previous. S.Clarke could see the strength Stewart could bring to Kilmarnock’s attack and utilised it properly. I don’t think McInnes has the same strength in vision and belief as Clarke.
    Lowe won’t be back at us either so I suggest he sticks Shinnie at left back rather than loan another teams player.

Quote Originally Posted by tencaat View Post
    Both Derby's "first choice" left backs are out for the season leaving them with Lowe and one other who played throughout December and was shockingly bad. Sadly Lowe has looked out of his depth so far in the 2 games he has played so it may be that Lampard might be tempted to buy another one this month. If they do then we should fire in a bid of £300k immediately to buy him outright. But I cannot see this scenario panning out.

Halkett I doubt would come here to play back up to Devlin (although on the evidence so far it does look like Devlin will miss 10-15 games every season for injuries/suspension). Even if McKenna was to be sold, I think at least initially DM would go with Consi being his direct replacement as Consi is also left footed. But I wouldn't be against bidding £100k to at least test the waters
    Think they’re strapped cash wise but judging by the negativity geared at Lowe’s couple of games - would predict them seeking an incoming loan leaving Max available to come back up the road.

Definitely likely that Devlin’s injury history predicts him probably misssing a good third of the year but think Halkett would be seen as a sensible free long term upgrade on Considine who might have to settle for providing tearing it up the wing cover for left-back. Seen enough of Halkett to be reasonably convinced he’d be a shrewd replacement for Premiership bound Scottie. Sure it means going with two right footers, but we’ve not done too bad with two lefties. Be disappointed to see Hibs beating us to the obvious viable long term solution.

Maybe Derby could swap Lowe and cash for a proven left back in Considine

Just an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Just an idea
    How much cash do you think we could squeeze out of them for that deal?

Just an idea
    That would be a good idea if the Derby fans were looking for a scapegoat. Although I doubt if any of them would be daft enough to blame him for deliberately knocking out an opposition player in a friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    That would be a good idea if the Derby fans were looking for a scapegoat. Although I doubt if any of them would be daft enough to blame him for deliberately knocking out an opposition player in a friendly.
    I have never once said deliberate. It was a sh@t challenge where he jumped through the man rather than at the ball.I have said clumsy as f@ck, dangerous as f@ck , stupid as f@ck and it summed up the shocking game he was having being taken to the cleaners by 5th tier players. I don't say it was deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Would likely fetch a record fee for a scapegoat. It'll cost us millions to find a replacement who we can blame for absolutely everything that goes wrong. Hopefully McInnes has identified someone who can fill that position once Andy retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Would likely fetch a record fee for a scapegoat. It'll cost us millions to find a replacement who we can blame for absolutely everything that goes wrong. Hopefully McInnes has identified someone who can fill that position once Andy retires.
    We've got one in some people's eye's,his name is cosgrove

I have never once said deliberate. It was a sh@t challenge where he jumped through the man rather than at the ball.I have said clumsy as f@ck, dangerous as f@ck , stupid as f@ck and it summed up the shocking game he was having being taken to the cleaners by 5th tier players. I don't say it was deliberate.
    Don't get too upset, I was just joining in the "banter".

Page 94 of 209 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast