+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 98 of 148 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Right, in other news, Cammers has agreed a deal, BUT IS YET TO SIGN. Am told he will do so when he returns from hols. *stop* *message ends*
    Ooohh that John Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well below is what’s on the FAs website, I’m no expert but I am reading it as it’s gone live this transfer window, I don’t pretend to know the ins and outs but it sounds positive and in line with what the owners wanted to achieve.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/jun/...riteria-140623
    Reckon it's great news for us. Previously, for a footballer to be eligible for a UK visa, the FA would assess their career and award points based on international appearances and at what domestic level the player had already played. The player had to be awarded 15 points to be endorsed by the FA and so eligible for a visa.

Realistically we would have been very unlikely to attract a player capable of reaching that threshold, so no international players for us. This season though, the FA is endorsing 2 international players for every club at our level, without the points based system. That endorsement makes the 2 players eligible for visas. There seems to be some sort of sliding scale for future numbers based on how many English players a team plays, but no idea of the detail.

The system appears to be live now, so I guess the only issue is how quickly a visa would be issued. I've known them take months. Also I think Notts might need a sponsorship licence, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    There seems to be some sort of sliding scale for future numbers based on how many English players a team plays, but no idea of the detail.
    Is it English, or is it players from the home nations (UK)? We already have some players who are not English.

With incoming players next week maybe when we hear more? The reasoning behind this is that last year Baldwin and Scott were announced on 21st June and Austin and Bajrami on 24th June.

Langstaff and TAR were the early signings on 30th May and 1st June.

Hopefully it will be a similar pattern this year whereby the club has it's transfer business done (or the majority of it) before the players return for pre-season training.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Is it English, or is it players from the home nations (UK)? We already have some players who are not English.
    Haven't read the whole downloadable document, but the summary article linked before says:

'While each club will get at least two places for players in the first season, they will receive between zero and four depending on the number of English players playing in future seasons.'

I see Sutton have signed Omar Sowunmi. Pretty decent signing to fair. Someone I'd have been happy to see at Notts competing with Baldwin for the central CB position.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I see Sutton have signed Omar Sowunmi. Pretty decent signing to fair. Someone I'd have been happy to see at Notts competing with Baldwin for the central CB position.
    Sowunmi is 30 plus now so signing for Sutton means he wouldn’t have to move house and if he has kids wouldn’t have to move school.
    On performances for Bromley last season with his height,pace and reading of the game I would have loved him at Notts but the above including his age probably put a stop to it

Interesting, tweet by Shaun MacDonald basically saying "my captain" in response to Cameron signing back up. He played with him at Torquay but don't think Cam was captain there was he?

Anyway, he's a keeper currently at Cheltenham but doesn't look like he played any league games

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Interesting, tweet by Shaun MacDonald basically saying "my captain" in response to Cameron signing back up. He played with him at Torquay but don't think Cam was captain there was he?

Anyway, he's a keeper currently at Cheltenham but doesn't look like he played any league games
    He has been released by Cheltenham though👀

I seem to remember he was really good for torquay the season before last, and there were rumours that we were in for him before he went to Cheltenham, so who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    He has been released by Cheltenham though👀

I seem to remember he was really good for torquay the season before last, and there were rumours that we were in for him before he went to Cheltenham, so who knows...
    Regan Hendry, is a name that's been thrown my way. It appears we're interested, not too sure whether he is though.

Page 98 of 148 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast