+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 98 of 139 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Great statement laddo
    Looks great on paper..
    Now could you dissect that and confirm how many good teams we beat in that run
    Also takeaway the build a bear wins that no one gives a monkeys about?
    All that glitters is not gold...
    *glisters

(Sorry Pedro but it bugs me each time and although I've resisted previously I couldn't any more Nothing personal, it is just the same when I hear NA say 'chomping' at the bit when he means 'champing'. )
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-02-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Do you think his contract will be renewed IF we are promoted?
    Hope not. Wouldn't be the first manager to get a club promoted then relieved of his duties

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Hope not. Wouldn't be the first manager to get a club promoted then relieved of his duties
    Very true. Horses for courses. Sometimes a manager is right for one level and not the next. We shall see - if it even becomes an issue!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    *glisters

(Sorry Pedro but it bugs me each time and although I've resisted previously I couldn't any more Nothing personal, it is just the same when I hear NA say 'chomping' at the bit when he means 'champing'. )
    I will stick with Mark Twain on this one if that's ok....

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Have the other teams pushing for promotion been beating better sides?
    Depends who they have played how many times and where,home or away.
    It seems when we do lose they are better teams than we gave them credit ie Dover as an example.
    I believe we are 4 away games down compared to home games played.
    So when we have to play them NA will employ his respect the point policy and we could lose a glut of points against our rivals.
    Remember
    All that glitters is not gold.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I will stick with Mark Twain on this one if that's ok....
    Sure, he chose to modernise it for his audience and language evolves constantly. I'm just an originalist I suppose so it grates when I see or hear these changes.

Come on you Lambs!

Sure, he chose to modernise it for his audience and language evolves constantly. I'm just an originalist I suppose so it grates when I see or hear these changes.

Come on you Lambs!
    TBF Bill Shakespeare used the term glitters in 1595 … how originalist do you want to be!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    TBF Bill Shakespeare used the term glitters in 1595 … how originalist do you want to be!
    Shakespeare used glisters in The Merchant of Venice. I wasn't aware he'd changed it. I thought Dryden was the first to use glitters.

Shakespeare used glisters in The Merchant of Venice. I wasn't aware he'd changed it. I thought Dryden was the first to use glitters.
    I still think we are going nowhere with Ardley and Abbot, they do not have a winning mentality. Defence may have been strenghtened but they do not have an attacking philosophy to put teams under pressure. We cannot cope with a high press and any attacking potential we have is blunted by negative tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    I still think we are going nowhere with Ardley and Abbot, they do not have a winning mentality. Defence may have been strenghtened but they do not have an attacking philosophy to put teams under pressure. We cannot cope with a high press and any attacking potential we have is blunted by negative tactics.
    Enzio is a prime example, of nullifying a players attacking threat

Page 98 of 139 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast