+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours thread

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I like Dennis. I would often watch his movement and the ball simply would not come.
    He is the most natural finisher we have had since Hughes and I would have put money on him being top scorer in this league with the squad we have now and the coaches attacking philosophy.
    Their is zero way anyone can compare Rodders and Dennis time with us as Dennis never got the chance to play for IB. If I wanted to be pedantic I would ask people if they cast their minds back to Rodders under Ardley ONLY, would the choices be the same? Rodders was largely average and didn’t look anything like the player we ended up with, thankfully. IB called Rodders out, gave him some tough love and boom. Ardley clearly was too nice to get the best from him. Was that the same with Dennis?
    I don’t think Dennis is or would be a Burchnall player really. The way he sets up and plays means you need strikers who can get involved in the play and build up.

For me that was Dennis' biggest weakness, his lack of work outside the box, his disappointing build up/join up play. It just wasn't really part of his game, far more a fox in and around the box with an instinctive finish.

Agree with Jacob, I'm sure IB would rather work with Rodders than Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    For me that was Dennis' biggest weakness, his lack of work outside the box, his disappointing build up/join up play. It just wasn't really part of his game, far more a fox in and around the box with an instinctive finish.

Agree with Jacob, I'm sure IB would rather work with Rodders than Dennis.
    Maybe. But who would you prefer on the end of a move, Wootton or Dennis?
    I still think Wootton has the potential to score a ton of goals for Notts this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Maybe. But who would you prefer on the end of a move, Wootton or Dennis?
    I still think Wootton has the potential to score a ton of goals for Notts this season.
    Dennis every day of the week, I doubt anyone would say otherwise cos he's a superior finisher. But overall I'd take Big Kyle every time. Wootton contributes so much more than Dennis, and more importantly suits IBs system. I'd rather have Kyle if a cross goes in, back to goal, hold up play, work outside the box, work rate etc

I suspect Dennis would work well in a traditional 4-4-2 alongside a big man not so much in an IB system.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Dennis every day of the week, I doubt anyone would say otherwise cos he's a superior finisher. But overall I'd take Big Kyle every time. Wootton contributes so much more than Dennis, and more importantly suits IBs system. I'd rather have Kyle if a cross goes in, back to goal, hold up play, work outside the box, work rate etc

I suspect Dennis would work well in a traditional 4-4-2 alongside a big man not so much in an IB system.
    Well we do not actually know how well Dennis would fit into IB,s system, logic tells me quite well, as IB,s system is attacking football, meaning the ball should be in the oppositions half more often, and Dennis would surely benefit from that

Are we on about signing Dennis or summit?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Are we on about signing Dennis or summit?
    Seems so doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Seems so doesn't it?
    Jeez lads let it go

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Jeez lads let it go
    We have

Who's surprised? It wouldn't be NCM if we didn't obsess over ex players like Dennis and Osborne in recent times or any other players who leave and suddenly become world-beaters elsewhere.

I'm expecting regular updates whenever either score and of course a separate season long thread on Solihull Moors

Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast