+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 99 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Big Malky for me. From what I see he is by far the best option. Divisive yes. But for me he is the best option to take us forward. We need to get our man in place ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Big Malky for me. From what I see he is by far the best option. Divisive yes. But for me he is the best option to take us forward. We need to get our man in place ASAP.
    without trying to sound like a snowflake is it worth all the baggage. Even after all the endorsements and backing - including saying its education not being offended that will change tolerance - i worry about that.

Im off to post selfies on snapchat, update every movement i have today on fb, have a dance on tik tok and rant at someone on twitter for being a racist/homophobic/gingerist/gammon because thats me making a difference
    Last edited by Shedboy1971; 01-07-2020 at 02:55 PM.

I’d warmed to idea of mclaren, but no guarantee he’d have been a success, at least Utd showed a bit of ambition, it’s all happened really quick, could have been a good move for mclaren, but he has prob just had a few days to weigh things up and thought not for him.

Not overly confident at the remaining candidates.

The problem with aiming high is the alternative is often seen as a disappointment..

My worry with the whole situation is by openly talking to ambitious names such as McClaren and Mackay then we would end up with Tommy Wright or someone worse. I would have taken someone like Wright at the start but have to admit after all the speculation with SM and MM i warmed to the idea of those two.
    I do think McClaren would have taken alot to convince imo while i dont think that would be the issue with Mackay. He must be itching to get back in the game proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    The problem with aiming high is the alternative is often seen as a disappointment..
    Absolutely. A bit like when Mixu was appointed. At the time Tommy Wright and Yogi Hughes were the two preferred candidates by the fans if I remember right. When we got Mixu the feeling was OK but we definitely didnt get the best man for the job. May feel like that now too.

I'm not ruling out another left-field name though...

I’d still take Wright, steady us for a few seasons. Remember Levein and tommy McLean came with reputations of defensive football. Doesn’t seem to be interested or in the reckoning though.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I’d still take Wright, steady us for a few seasons. Remember Levein and tommy McLean came with reputations of defensive football. Doesn’t seem to be interested or in the reckoning though.
    Now Tommy knows he wasn't first choice he'll tell us to do one....

Numerous reports saying Wright isn't interested in working within our current structure. It was one of the reasons he left St. Johnstone after all.

Page 99 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)