+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man U vs Arsenal

Man U vs Arsenal

Howay man, Arsenal...determined to play as many iffy passes across their back line as they can.

Trossard 1-0

Good stuff

Does feel all sorts of wrong wanting Arsenal to win, though.

Hopefully it just makes their final game even more of a crushing disappointment.

Yep. arsenal dominating at the minute.

I'm ot even gonna comment on this game ffs

Can't ever in my life remember wanting Le Arse-anal to win more and Manure to lose more.

I'd love to have seen the so called Manure fan's faces.

garnacho and Amad looked dangerous today, on the wings. Our fullbacks will need to be on their top game, does trippier come back in for Hall maybe,? i would play Joe and Barnes from the start, Longstaff and Murphy benched.

Arsenal looked like they did all they could to let Man Utd win it in last 15 mins.

We'll have to be prepared for them.

They have no spine though, so keep pressure on them and stop them scoring early doors and I think they'll crumble.

Plus. . . Casemiro at CB against pace of Isaak and Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Arsenal looked like they did all they could to let Man Utd win it in last 15 mins.

We'll have to be prepared for them.

They have no spine though, so keep pressure on them and stop them scoring early doors and I think they'll crumble.

Plus. . . Casemiro at CB against pace of Isaak and Gordon

We need to play on the counter attack. Let the red filth have the ball open up the space in behind, when we've done this of late we've battered teams. Also, sitting deep means the filth's wingers won't have space to exploit.

Against Brighton we tried to control the game and play possession. We aren't there as a team yet. Not with out the likes of Tonali on the pitch. We've always struggled with teams who park the bus under Howe.

With Joelinton back in the side, with more minutes in his legs we can control the game in a more dominant fashion. However, breaking down that low block is still a challenge. Bruno needs to be higher up the pitch to unlock the defences. Sadly he's rarely been in the right positions.

I'm sure with the reintroduction of Tonali, a fully fit J7 & a full pre-season training session we'll be more creative and offer more of a threat to teams who put 11 men in the penalty area.

If we sit a bit deeper and spring the trap to release Isak, Murphy/Barnes & Gordon we'll beat the filth at the swamp on Wednesday.

Hoping for another Howe master class.

If the filth sack Ten Pence before the match and Schhhhhteve is at the helm it would be all the sweeter.

A young boy can dream haha

Should pope and Trippier start against Manure ? id start both plus Joelinton and Barnes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)