+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Oxford City 27.01.21 [FAT QF]

No I asked if we dont get promotion if hes such a good manager why would you get rid off him.?
    A good manager is a good manager and you imply that he is s good manager.?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Not at all. You’ve asked 2 questions in your previous post, which I’ve answered.

With regards to promotion this season, that’s the target for the club and Ardley. If Ardley doesn’t deliver, he would have failed. This season is all about promotion.
    If I'm not mistaken you have been saying that Arfley is a good manager ?
    Hence why get rid ..a good manager is good manager promition doesn't define him.
    Dont forget hes had a tough season with covid and Injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    No I asked if we dont get promotion if hes such a good manager why would you get rid off him.?
    A good manager is a good manager and you imply that he is s good manager.?
    I'm sorry Pedro you've lost me completely there.

I do think he's a decent manager and I don't want him gone if he gets us promoted. If he doesn't get us promoted I would be 50/50 and would trust the owners' judgement on it.

Hope I've answered the right question as I'm not entirely sure what was being asked

Hence why get rid ..a good manager is good manager promition doesn't define him.
    I wouldn’t get rid of him. In fact I would ask him at what age he plans on retiring and offer him a contract until that date. All for some stability. The only caveat being he has to get us promoted at least twice in that time. 2 promotions in 20 years would be progress right?

You are mistaken, I’ve not been saying he’s good or bad. I believe he’s done some good stuff and there are times when I’ve scratched my head. I don’t solely blame him for the relegation and, in my opinion, last season was mainly positive. Ultimately, to give him the rest of the season is correct.

If promotion isn’t achieved, which is the target, then the correct decision would be to part company because he would of failed. I don’t get why that’s so difficult to understand?

I take it your last sentence is tongue in cheek. If not, no different to other clubs.

The other point I’d add re ‘promotion doesn’t define him’. You need to put into context e.g. Man City with their resources need to be challenging for the Premier League. Fulham on the other hand, success would be avoiding relegation. So in terms of Notts/Ardley the target is promotion this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I'm sorry Pedro you've lost me completely there.

I do think he's a decent manager and I don't want him gone if he gets us promoted. If he doesn't get us promoted I would be 50/50 and would trust the owners' judgement on it.

Hope I've answered the right question as I'm not entirely sure what was being asked
    Hold on I thought I was supposed to be the Poster Boy for Pro Ardley?? I'm 95/5 want him gone if he doesn't get us promoted!!!

Swale's above comments are going to send shockwaves both through the rose tinted brigade but even more so though my designated fanclub, the # noagenda boys , and the angry pitchfork mob

I hope your moderator status and respected statue on here saves you mate cos I'm predicting you've got plenty coming your way when word spreads.

50/50?!?! The infamous Ardley In/Out thread is potentially going to spike to record levels come end of season now.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Swale's above comments are going to send shockwaves both through the rose tinted brigade but even more so though my designated fanclub, the # noagenda boys , and the angry pitchfork mob .
    I would ask everyone to read this quote, and then ask themselves whether laddo is a positive or negative influence on this messageboard.

Basically you're an Ardley disciple if you don't agree with Pedro 100%. I agree with some of what he says and some not, but Pedro won't say anything remotely balanced.
    If he doesn't get us up with a similar finish to last season, I am probably 50-50 similar to Swales response regarding the owners.
    They will be getting insights regarding what's happening internally to whether he is driving a better culture, improving players, actively improving the clubs infrastructure with them and ultimately do they think with the budget they have invested has he come close enough team performance wise to warrant another season coupled with evaluating who else is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I would ask everyone to read this quote, and then ask themselves whether laddo is a positive or negative influence on this messageboard.
    "I would ask everyone to read..." Oh my god I despair

To steal a line from 80s legend B. A. Baracus "I pity the fool" who thought I was being serious. I've clearly given you too much credit in the past.

Move along nothing to see here folks other than an obsessed old man who desperately wants internet conflict to fill a void.

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast