+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deal in doubt

Deal in doubt

The controversial £300m Saudi Arabia-funded takeover of Newcastle United appears to be in serious doubt after the World Trade Organisation ruled that the country is behind a pirate satellite TV and streaming service that offers illegal access to sporting events, the Guardian can reveal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other

I think this is just more of what we already know. The Saudis say they have nothing to do with it and it will hopefully be left that way as we all know money talks. It's all getting a bit ridiculous now though, the Prem need to either approve it or reject it and soon.

This is the stuff the PL were given a couple of weeks ago and several neutral and independent journalists have since tweeted about everything being on track.

The guardian.....hahahaha.

WTO can do fk all. Its a discredited organisation these days.

A nice court case for the PL to look forward to.

Deal is still on.

Deal is not signed and in doubt not only for this issue of pirating PL football but for aiding murder.
    I honestly wish you guys all the best in your crusade to get rid of Ashley but to sell at all costs to a bunch of thugs is wrong.
    Anyway, good luck but me thinks the deal may be off the table now!
    5 more years of Ashley?
    Have you ever thought the potential new owners could now lower the price due to the Cov19 thingy?
    The PL and Sky are going to go bust if the season does not end?

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Deal is not signed and in doubt not only for this issue of pirating PL football but for aiding murder.
    I honestly wish you guys all the best in your crusade to get rid of Ashley but to sell at all costs to a bunch of thugs is wrong.
    Anyway, good luck but me thinks the deal may be off the table now!
    5 more years of Ashley?
    Have you ever thought the potential new owners could now lower the price due to the Cov19 thingy?
    The PL and Sky are going to go bust if the season does not end?
    Alright, Dave.

We have no say in who sells or who buys our club. Given the involvement of so many different organisations with the Saudis, I don't think the fight is ours to make.

As for the deal not going ahead, neither the piracy nor the murder have been proven in a court of law as far as I'm aware and that being the case, the PL would be setting themselves up for a ruinous court case if they blocked it on those grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    The guardian.....hahahaha. Its a discredited organisation these days.

Deal is still on.

Absolutely.

Almost the exact same article the same journalist wrote 2 weeks ago

Every bāstard tinpot half wit journalist jumping on the bandwagon and reprinting the whole lot as their own as well. If they just wanted to repeat something without any effort or thought process, they should’ve been born as parrots ��

have you concrete proof that MBS aided the murder?

When the PL process started Covid 19 was already a pandemic, it was only the WHO for some bizarre reason not calling it one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)