+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Freddie Ladapo v Ivan Toney

Freddie Ladapo v Ivan Toney

Freddie getting creamed in the goal scoring charts by Mr Toney down at Posh. Granted Freddie hasn't played as much.
    Would Freddie be anywhere near what Toney is achieving if he was starting and playing regularly?

No. Toney is an all round better player.

I like Freddie when he does things instinctively. When he has a bit of time he seems to not know what his feet are going to do next.

I do think that Freddie can become a better striker and could work well alongside Smithy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    No. Toney is an all round better player.

I like Freddie when he does things instinctively. When he has a bit of time he seems to not know what his feet are going to do next.

I do think that Freddie can become a better striker and could work well alongside Smithy.
    Have to agree Scum. Sometimes Freddie looks like a headless chicken but I think he could come good at a higher level.

We don’t play a system to suite Freddie and he doesn’t play enough games.
    Toney plays in a system that suits and plays a lot more games.
    Silly comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Have to agree Scum. Sometimes Freddie looks like a headless chicken but I think he could come good at a higher level.
    All strikers need to have a selfish streak but in Freddies case he's too selfish.

One thing we will never know though is would Idive Toney be a benchwarmer in a Warne squad?

Toney is 23, Ladapo is 27. Ladapo has not had the same amount of game time as Toney this season because he is nowhere near as good

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Toney is 23, Ladapo is 27. Ladapo has not had the same amount of game time as Toney this season because he is nowhere near as good

Well Toney is having a purple patch at the moment but he’s no stranger to the loan market.

So quite a few managers have had a decent look at him and a few transfer windows have passed without him moving on.

One is a cheat one isn’t

Like Greaslish Toney could be a great player if he actually stuck to playing football instead of acting
    Last edited by millertop; 12-02-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Toney has had a lot of "tap in" goals and he has also taken the penalties.I still think we have not seen the best of Freddie but he has competition for that shirt from Vass and the new lad on loan.Smithy once again has been tremendous and also chipped in with goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well Toney is having a purple patch at the moment but he’s no stranger to the loan market.

So quite a few managers have had a decent look at him and a few transfer windows have passed without him moving on.
    Will you be at the Loading Bay tomorrow to show me how to play guitar?

To see my guitar from B&M?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast