+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 93 of 299 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. The Government's handling of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    We never will be...our history includes too much villainy and skullduggery and too little of the underdog.
    I strongly beg to differ, but don't want to set off another 5,000-post spat

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I strongly beg to differ, but don't want to set off another 5,000-post spat
    Lol...sadly there’s a lot of Anglophobia in the World and a great deal of if can be found amongst the Scots, Irish and Welsh...and Europe, if Eurovision is anything to go by.
    Some of it is justified, some of it isn’t. The vast majority of English people I see abroad are fine, while others are unbelievably arrogant and rude.
    Unfortunately history sees us portrayed as a nation of historical bully boys. Our football fans have often only encouraged that view and we do tend to have an over inflated view of our own importance...as Brexit perhaps serves to illustrate.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-01-2021 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    On the contrary, this just shows what government can do to support its people, without the constraints of the bureaucratic sloth of the EU. We are now in a position to act quickly and favourably for what is best for the UK.

I was wondering how your German friends were doing distributing the extra 30 million doses vaccine, that you assured us they'd bought in PARALLEL with the EU vaccination programme, Swale?

Just like so many of your facts, absolute codswallop.
    One question - Germany bought those 30 million doses last September, so how is that not in parallel with the EU procurement programme?

One fact - the distribution of the vaccine within each country is a matter for the individual country, how is how fast that happens anything to do with the EU?

Your saying I post codswallop, coming from a supporter of Brexit who to date hasn't been able to come up with a single benefit of Brexit, and has in fact admitted that he can't be sure that there will be any, thats really very funny!

The Uk's good progress with the vaccine programme is to be admired, just shows what happens when the government allows the NHS (which you have also slagged off and said hospitals aren't busy in the recent past) to get on with the job.

And yes the government or whoever was responsible made some good decisions re choice of vaccine it has nothing to do being outside the constraints of the bureaucratic sloth of the EU, much as someone who voted for Brexit (without knowing the benefits!) is desperate to find something to say it is.

What it shows is (and I've never said anything to the contrary) this country can do many things well!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I don't think there is any danger of a UK government giving the Scots a "soft" independence! Sure go your own way, but don't expect to retain the ebenfits of the Union unless they are mutually beneficial!

I was rather referring to our overexcited "friend" from Notts who seemed to have got a stiffy over Nicola without cause.
    He pretends to ignore, but furiously thrashing under the bed clothes at night.
    Busted

[QUOTE=swaledale;39682478]One question - Germany bought those 30 million doses last September, so how is that not in parallel with the EU procurement programme?

One fact - the distribution of the vaccine within each country is a matter for the individual country, how is how fast that happens anything to do with the EU?

So, your saying that Germany has got a stash of 30 million doses, but has decided either not to use them or is incapable of administering more doses in 4 weeks than the UK has in 3 days?

I hear that they're looking for new comedy acts at the BBC.

[QUOTE=Ram59;39682635]
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    One question - Germany bought those 30 million doses last September, so how is that not in parallel with the EU procurement programme?

So, your saying that Germany has got a stash of 30 million doses, but has decided either not to use them or is incapable of administering more doses in 4 weeks than the UK has in 3 days?

I hear that they're looking for new comedy acts at the BBC.
    So you agree that Germany had a separate procurement programme alongside the EU one then? Just like to close these matters off, because you stated that wasn't possible, which clearly it is.

Where did I say that Germany has a stash of 30 million doses? They did however agree the procurement of 30 million last September in addition to those procured through the EU route.

It would indeed seem that the way the German government is administering the vaccine is not very efficient, apparently they are using an online booking system which people have to book slots, rather than contacting people as the NHS does. I'm amazed but there we go who knew that even the Germans were capable of **** ups?

There is also the issue that both firms producing the vaccine have slowed down production, whilst they do the necessary work to increase it - this means that there will reduced supplies for 2-3 weeks. Thats impacted on the EU, although it is also the case that they were slow to back the first vaccine that became available.

So if we deal with facts, yes the UK backed the right horse - or they did a good spread bet and ordered enough of a range of vaccines one of which was the first to be available. Yes the Germans are cocking up their vaccination programme and yes the EU partly due to not including the Phizer vaccine in their portfolio, partly due to them underordering and because the suppliers have slowed production temporarily do not have sufficient vaccine at the moment.

All in all the Uk has done well, but to say we could not have achieved this if we were in the EU is stretching reality more than a little, seeing as we could have had a separate procurement as the Germans did and we would still have had total control over the way the actual vaccination programme was organised.

Of course the EU gets things wrong, funnily enough so does the UK. In this I'd agree that the UK has done much better to date.

It seems you have swallowed without thought the way UK politicians blamed the EU for things, which have more often than not been within their ability to control over the last few decades, shame they won't be able to that anymore.
    Last edited by swaledale; 25-01-2021 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I wouldn’t especially trust Foxhole’s spin but the facts are correct, EU are getting a bit nasty on this one.

I wouldn’t especially trust Foxhole’s spin...
    Really? Lol...congratulations Andrew...you win the understatement of the day award...and it’s still not 10.00 am.

I wouldn’t especially trust Foxhole’s spin but the facts are correct, EU are getting a bit nasty on this one.
    Whatever spin you put on it, it's another dig and another example of EU bullying.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/w...izer-0mxxv3xbj

The German press spreading lies about the Oxford vaccine as well. The new China

Page 93 of 299 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)