+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratings Vs Coventry

Ratings Vs Coventry

Collins 7 - Thought he played well, commanded his area better than year, saved a couple of 1-on-1s. Can't be faulted for any of the goals.
    Jones 1 - Oh dear. When I'm thinking about bringing on Hollis to replace someone, you know they've had a mare. Stood 3 yds off the player for the first goal allowing him to score with ease. Caught in no-mans land for the 2nd (and not making much effort to get back) and 3rd goal coming from his poor free kick and then once again not tracking a runner. Carl Dickenson, don't hang up your boots just yet.
    Brisley 5 - Average. Couple of errors. Perhaps should have provided better cover.
    Duffy 5 - Seemed to struggle for first 15 mins, then was average.
    Tootle 6 - Did well, at least showed some urgency and effort to get the team going
    Alessandra 5 - I think he will do well, but first touch let him down too much. Didn;t make any impact upstairs. Also not sure playing him on left works, as he cuts in EVERY time and becomes predictable.
    Hewitt 4 - Capable understood, should not be a starter. Doesn't really offer anything -no creativity, no real defensive nous
    Walker 5 - Better than Hewitt and tried to play a bit. Surprised he was taken off ahead of Hewitt.
    Hawkridge 5 - Did his job, but didn't get the ball out to him enough
    Stead 4 - Generally poor. No movement and poor touch.
    Ameobe 5 - Did what he does

----------

Grant - 6 - Provided a bit of spark.
    Milsom 5 - Average.

Very little entertainment on show. Lets hope it was just a bad start, because that performance was far too reminiscent of the terrible 75% of last season, rather than the good 25%.

I can't offer any worthwhile player ratings because it took me a long time to work out exactly who was who, not helped by the invisible shirt numbers. Plus I hate watching games from behind the goal, give me the halfway line any day. Collin was my MOM as no other player was any better than average, he was left badly exposed by a very poor defence. When you consider we can't defend, and offered little in the way of attacking threat, things aren't looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I can't offer any worthwhile player ratings because it took me a long time to work out exactly who was who, not helped by the invisible shirt numbers. Plus I hate watching games from behind the goal, give me the halfway line any day. Collin was my MOM as no other player was any better than average, he was left badly exposed by a very poor defence. When you consider we can't defend, and offered little in the way of attacking threat, things aren't looking good.
    Well considering we haven't been able to defend for over 5 seasons and every man and his dog knows (except our last 5/6 managers) that we need a couple of decent central defenders it is not surprising.

A very disappointing afternoon. For me, only Duffy and Hewitt enhanced their reputations and none of the new signings stood out. 3-0 was perhaps a little harsh, but there's no doubt the better side won.

The partnership of Stead and Ameobi up front wasn't working - both are good players at League 2 level, but both need someone more mobile alongside them. If we can't get another striker in by deadline day, then I can foresee a switch to 4-5-1.

I know it's only the first game, but based on this performance, my prediction of 9th place is looking very optimistic.

Agree with Elite's comment about the shirt numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Well considering we haven't been able to defend for over 5 seasons and every man and his dog knows (except our last 5/6 managers) that we need a couple of decent central defenders it is not surprising.
    Can't get my head around the fact that we have not sorted this problem years ago!!! Surely to F... it is universal knowledge that if you don't concede you don't lose??? Never mind a WOW friggin goal scorer, sort the bloody defence out ffs!!
    And before all the AH kiss arses jump on board, money spent on Ilkeston/4 friggin G (or whatever it is) Ladies and whatever else would have been much better spent of a couple of good defenders.
    (But of course, and quite rightly, it's his money and he can do what the hell he likes with it)
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 05-08-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Stead's first touch was bad - that said, a lot of players seemed to have a pretty shocking first touch, particularly first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Stead's first touch was bad - that said, a lot of players seemed to have a pretty shocking first touch, particularly first half.

For all you punishment gluttons...............

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...0-notts-county

Rabbits in the headlights...........

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...-caught-285829

Bloody hell fire flames!!!! Pub team defending.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    For all you punishment gluttons...............

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...0-notts-county
    Jesus wept, that's shocking

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast