+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No subtlety, no finesse, NO premiership football.

No subtlety, no finesse, NO premiership football.

Just got back from the Turf. Pulis certainly did a job on us, but that's not hard nowadays. Fitness, effort and Route One can only get you so far, and we've Chris Woods to come to cement this style. SURELY we've now got the money for even a bit of subtlety and style. If not, watch the crowds turn away.

Dyche doesn't do subtle or finesse it seems.

On paper we looked the better team and the one that looked like being the winner.

West Brom had a terrible full back and 2 centre halves (one being Barry) who had the turning circle of the Titanic yet we still could not open them up.

Yes Chris Wood is coming to cement our one dimensional play, we need pace, we need trickery with someone to create much much more, not had it since Ings and Blake before him, the man Andone was the one we needed or someone similar, same as at the beginning of last season we should have gone for the Turkish lad who eventually went to Ajax, all this slow build up play and lump it up strategy will drive crowds away with only the plastics left.

its that shhhhite new home kit they got- we will ho down wearing those phuckkk awful blue shorts n socks

Quote Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
    Just got back from the Turf. Pulis certainly did a job on us, but that's not hard nowadays. Fitness, effort and Route One can only get you so far, and we've Chris Woods to come to cement this style. SURELY we've now got the money for even a bit of subtlety and style. If not, watch the crowds turn away.
    Andone ?

West Brom launched it at every opportunity, wasted about one hour, scored a smash and grab goal and defended for their lives. Cork and Defour were the best two players on the pitch by a million miles. We were a bit hard done by today I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    West Brom launched it at every opportunity, wasted about one hour, scored a smash and grab goal and defended for their lives. Cork and Defour were the best two players on the pitch by a million miles. We were a bit hard done by today I thought.
    Always seem to fall to Pulis subs.
    Twenty shots sounds great but none on target is poor.

Pulis is street savvy and knows exactly what to do.

The Baggies Bogey Curse strikes again!

BT Sean agrees with you

Sean always agrees with me oldcolner because we both know what we are talking about.

The Baggies curse sure did strike again.

The highlight of our play was the combination passing of Defour and Cork, lovely to watch and did create space we couldn't take advantage of. Defour on for 90 mins and my MOM, closely followed by Cork.

But in truth we were wasteful in their penalty box and from my position I was disappointed Robson Kanu got past 3 players. Powder puff defending, otherwise Tom didn't have anything to do all day.

Hendrick was supposed to support Sam but that didn't happen enough and as a result we didn't test them nearly enough.

I thought though we looked a Premier League side and will have better home days. Just not today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)