+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Racism

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    There are many instances where the comedy sketches/scenes are laughing at the bigots to show what tools they are rather than joining in with the bigotry. I would put the Major's rants in Fawlty Towers about other nationalities in that category. It is designed to make him look outdated and silly in his views and language rather than joining in agreeing with him
    The protesters aren’t intelligent enough to see that. They can see opportunity, yet not serious reason and debate. They know how to smash a shop window though.

All you have to do with old shows and films like this is to provide some information .

Like they do with bad language , s@xual nature , violence or flashing images .

" Please Note This Film Was Made When Certain References Were Considered Appropriate At The Time "'

Simple as that , a disclaimer , you take your choice , watch it don't watch it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    All you have to do with old shows and films like this is to provide some information .

" Please Note This Film Was Made When Certain References Were Considered Appropriate At The Time "'

Simple as that , a disclaimer , you take your choice , watch it don't watch it .
    Could be the same with statues--as you approached a statue there could be warning signs erected-- eg the Colston one--"Please be aware that the statue you are now approaching was erected at a time when it was acceptable to glorify those who gained wealth from the trading of black slaves". You could then give it a swerve if you so desired.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Didn't there used to be a warning symbol at the top of our tv screen to advise of content that might offend?
    Mind you didn't there usaed to be a 9 '0 clock watershed?
    What happened to those?

Unfortunately hatred in all forms has and will always exist, because as much as you try to stamp it out there will be someone who will stand against that and gather like minded followers, it's human nature!
    You can deface or destroy all the statues you want to and remove all offensive material from TV, however you cannot remove what has happened in history, what you can do is educate people against hatred and move forward into a better future.

All things should be equal , i put sports channels on today , mainly to get away from this racist disease , what do you get Don Goodman and similar airing their views , it's getting way OTT , Lee Rigbys memorial stone was removed today , WHY , Thomas Guys Statue removed also , Why , we all appreciate I'm sure that things have to change , but targeting the Cenotaph etc are beyond my beliefs , Rentamob scroungers who contribute nothing , make the scumbags pay out of their dole money , fk in fuming with these idiot's

Get ready for a wave of positive discriminatory bias, BBC will be at the forefront with every newsreader weather presenter et al of some so called minority or other.

makes me as angry as negative discrimination.

England in my opinion is a complex country but very often its never portrayed as such in the media .

When it reports on it's history , culture or achievements it's all White Cliffs Of Dover , The Royal Family etc etc .

The English working class are hardly ever mentioned , the industrial revolution , the 1926 Great Strike , the railways that were built , coal and steel production , ship building and its achievements that once made it a industrial super power , it's fights for social justice are simply turned into cliches .

Why should young working class white lads want to fight the police in central London over statues of upper class imperialists ?

The answer in my opinion is that their own history , achievements , culture and identity aren't recognised enough so they cling desperately to the only things they've ever known , the history that suits a certain percentage in this country .

Just my opinion .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 15-06-2020 at 09:55 AM.

I doubt more than 10% were protecting statues.
    They just wanted a scrap with police or anyone black.
    You can't educate them.
    As all discipline has been removed from schools, and more and more parents couldn't care less, it will only get worse.
    50 years ago nobody had a go at the police, and in the main, most teachers had some sort of control.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast