+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our team for the match at Bristol City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heres a name off the top of my head.... Nick Powell at Wigan!
    (the bloke who scored an 11 minute hat trick against us, and who also used to present Calendar tv lol).

What we've got here with the kid Ugbo is a '1 season wonder' at best. If he flops then no problem, but if he does well then Chelski add another million onto his transfer fee and he forgets where Barnsley and Yorkshire are etc.

And as for Ashley Fletcher coming back here again on loan..... come on guys, seriously ?
    (despite some fans claiming to have good sources etc, who ever really thought this was going to happen!)

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Heres a name off the top of my head.... Nick Powell at Wigan!
    (the bloke who scored an 11 minute hat trick against us, and who also used to present Calendar tv lol).

What we've got here with the kid Ugbo is a '1 season wonder' at best. If he flops then no problem, but if he does well then Chelski add another million onto his transfer fee and he forgets where Barnsley and Yorkshire are etc.

And as for Ashley Fletcher coming back here again on loan..... come on guys, seriously ?
    (despite some fans claiming to have good sources etc, who ever really thought this was going to happen!)
    Good sources ? Surely if an experienced former fans favourite enlightens you on a possible new signing ! And still at the club too !!! It's 75/25 right , we will see eventually , i've only passed on info that came my way , other clubs would also see him as a good signing , i still think he will come to us , GG will hopefully sort it

Roma... if this Fletcher deal works out for us then I think it will be fantastic, and you will deserve credit for suggesting it when you did.

But the current idea is that hes NOT coming here, and that hes probably never given a seconds thought about us since the loan deal ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Roma... if this Fletcher deal works out for us then I think it will be fantastic, and you will deserve credit for suggesting it when you did.

But the current idea is that hes NOT coming here, and that hes probably never given a seconds thought about us since the loan deal ended.

Bit of a bold assumption Acido. Maybe you underestimate the impact hecky and the club made on young Fletcher. You don't be part of something that special, score twice at Wembley and just forget it, especially when you consider that he's had a pretty dour season at West Ham. Maybe the lad is yearning to get regular 1st team action? He'll definitely get it here and still get his precious premier lg wages too. It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility so I'll reserve judgement