+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hammill says

Hammill says

Hammill: "Everyone at the Club is excited. We were written off last summer, it's nothing new. We have to prove them wrong again."

Hammill: "There's lots of young lads here and I'm enjoying the responsibility of guiding them. If I can help anyone I will do."

Hammill: "I suppose I'm becoming more of a role model. I like to think I've matured since I came back."

Hammill: "I've just had two 90 minutes and I'd usually feel stiff. But it's different now. Maybe it's running around after my kids all day!"

Hammill: "I put myself under too much pressure last year. I have to get back to playing with a smile on my face that's when I'm at my best."

Hammill: "I love it here and I'd love to see my career out with Barnsley. But you never know in this game. I'm focusing on this season."

Definitely need this kid to come to the party this season .

Let's hope he's got his mojo back .

I'd like to see him see out his playing career with us then become part of the back room staff.

Adam should be given a new contract now! Apart from being an excellent player, his experience is invaluable - like Isgrove, he can energise those around him!

I love Adam Hammill and his affiliation with this club. However, as senior player he must learn to not repeat his tantrums from last season. The lad has turned his career around so big credit to him for that. Can he just gain that last bit of maturity to accept certain decisions? If he wants to be a role model then there can be no more shows of petulance.

I think he needs regular starts to get back to his best. Last season was too stop start for him to get any consistency into his game, a couple of setbacks didn't help either. Some fans on here think he's lg1, i beg to differ. I hope he gets a chance to string a run of games together and show us what he can do. I have my doubts that Hecky fancies him anymore though to be perfectly honest. Now Ryan Kents fekked off that hopefully will change

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I love Adam Hammill and his affiliation with this club. However, as senior player he must learn to not repeat his tantrums from last season. The lad has turned his career around so big credit to him for that. Can he just gain that last bit of maturity to accept certain decisions? If he wants to be a role model then there can be no more shows of petulance.

I think he needs regular starts to get back to his best. Last season was too stop start for him to get any consistency into his game, a couple of setbacks didn't help either. Some fans on here think he's lg1, i beg to differ. I hope he gets a chance to string a run of games together and show us what he can do. I have my doubts that Hecky fancies him anymore though to be perfectly honest. Now Ryan Kents fekked off that hopefully will change

Agree with that P&M

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    Adam should be given a new contract now! Apart from being an excellent player, his experience is invaluable - like Isgrove, he can energise those around him!

Agree anston

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Agree anston

He'll do for me