+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Killie away

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Killie start over powering us in the midfield, so he takes off our best player for a ****e centre half. That was when you new the game was up.
    If he didn’t take Jeando off when he did, then we were going to be down to ten within 5 mins. Killie were pressuring the ref every chance they got and I have no doubt he was close to caving in and ‘rewarding’ them with the decision they were craving. Should have been a like for like subby though I agree - there was no reason to upset our formation by shoehorning in Connolly instead. I didn’t get that.

Not sure who the like for like midfielder would have been though. Hoti? Kerr Smith?....whilst I would be keen to see these guys play I think yesterday would have been really difficult to bring them on into.
    With them going direct to two big strikers, I understand going 3 at the back.

I had to give up watching the game yesterday it was just too stressful for me.The last straw was the Connolly rugby tackle.It was a massive point though and i'm now certain we will not be caught by the teams in 10th,11th or 12th.

Mochrie would have been ideal for replacing Sporle and Powers would have been ideal for replacing Fuchs, Clark should have been on for McNulty too

MM needs to sort his subs oot pronto, its costing us points

After that wee worrying run of three straight defeats when many had us consigned to relegation if you were offered Win Win Loss Draw you'd be happy, 7 pts with the toughest fixture left out the way, don't get the negative feeling from yesterday when we weren't favs for top six anyway

County away - with a new manager
    Livi home - had won every away game under new manager
    Sevco away - had won 14/14 at home conceding 1 goal
    Killie away - new manager

I'm at the stage where I just want us to be safe and the season over tbh.
    Then we can concentrate on getting set up on and off the pitch for next season much better than we did for this one.

So many topics to discuss each will probably get their own thread;
    1-What is our best starting 11 and would that be good enough to be top 6?
    I think we wouldn't be far away but 1 or 2 better than what we have in both defence and midfield would more or less make it a certainty however we need a better squad to ensure cover for injuries and suspensions.
    2-Based on the tools he had in his box this season he's done what he had to but is MM the man to get us to next stage?
    Some of his decisions have been baffling but maybe because of reasons unknown to us, however willing to give him a shot.
    That probably depends on what is done to address point 1 which leads me to the next point.
    3- Who is in charge of recruitment to sort out point 1? Does MM have targets and does he have a say or does he just wait to open the toolbox to see what he's been given
    4- Has Ogren even sanctioned a budget and will that budget be enough to sort point 1

My gut tells me we could make a decent 11 out of the squad we have which would win us a few games even against the top 4, but we would struggle if any of those were unavailable

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    I'm at the stage where I just want us to be safe and the season over tbh.
    Then we can concentrate on getting set up on and off the pitch for next season much better than we did for this one.

So many topics to discuss each will probably get their own thread;
    1-What is our best starting 11 and would that be good enough to be top 6?
    I think we wouldn't be far away but 1 or 2 better than what we have in both defence and midfield would more or less make it a certainty however we need a better squad to ensure cover for injuries and suspensions.
    2-Based on the tools he had in his box this season he's done what he had to but is MM the man to get us to next stage?
    Some of his decisions have been baffling but maybe because of reasons unknown to us, however willing to give him a shot.
    That probably depends on what is done to address point 1 which leads me to the next point.
    3- Who is in charge of recruitment to sort out point 1? Does MM have targets and does he have a say or does he just wait to open the toolbox to see what he's been given
    4- Has Ogren even sanctioned a budget and will that budget be enough to sort point 1

My gut tells me we could make a decent 11 out of the squad we have which would win us a few games even against the top 4, but we would struggle if any of those were unavailable
    Like this!
    1) Best 11 for me depends on who we are up against. I am genuinely pleased we have options to set up in different ways and players who can deal with that
    2) Think Mellon is doing a good job in what is a very tough year. I like his flexibility. I like his ability to react in the games. Wobt always get it right but a massive upgrade on what went before
    3) Will be further transitions in the summer. Finances will be uncertain. Youth is providing our depth and I am ok with that. I am encouraged that the signings (non loan) that have been brought in to the first team have improved the team. Edwards and Fuchs both successes
    4) Budget for next year will be very hard. Depends on so many factors - COVID, government, season tickets, etc. I hope we are trying to take the opportunity to get Shankland to extend. Not been on fire this year but that may be a benefit for us to try and tie him down longer. Incomings will be out of contract players and reutilising wages that fall off rather than "new money".

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Mochrie would have been ideal for replacing Sporle and Powers would have been ideal for replacing Fuchs, Clark should have been on for McNulty too

MM needs to sort his subs oot pronto, its costing us points
    Mochrie is injured

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    Mochrie is injured
    ok, apart fae him being injured Powers should have replaced Fuchs and Clark should have been on for McNulty

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    ok, apart fae him being injured Powers should have replaced Fuchs and Clark should have been on for McNulty
    Powers is still out after his concussion/head injury mate.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)