+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadline Day Shockers!

Deadline Day Shockers!

So the final day is here...

Will this be the day Hughes is going to wherever for AŁ15m ... ?

re: Deadline Day Shockers!

or AŁ500k? :-O

Maybe Sheff Utd Mad will make a last minute offer to take the Rat and Bstand on a freebie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid
    or A?500k? :-O
    Interesting one that as I said 16 months ago we would be lucky to get ?500k during that window and was correct. Again at the following and have said I would be suprised if he left this one ... not many hours to go!

will I be right yet again

Because a player is not sold for AŁ500k does not mean they are not worth that.

To use that theory means that the entire Derby squad is worth nothing as they haven't even been sold for more than a quid.

But that is not the point is it. WUM

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    or A?500k? :-O
    Interesting one that as I said 16 months ago we would be lucky to get ?500k during that window and was correct. Again at the following and have said I would be suprised if he left this one ... not many hours to go!

will I be right yet again [/quote]

How were you correct? By any standards your logic and argument are bizarre!

Given that Derby have publicly stated he isnt for sale and only a bid of ?15 million would change their view on this, given that no club is going to spend that amount of money on a player that has potential and is clearly quality but wont get near their first team for a couple of years, whats the mystery?

Maybe its time to credit the board, and management on how they have handled the matter - no bull**** straight talking and making it clear to fans and other clubs excatly what the position is.

A bit different from other regimes who sold p

Quote Originally Posted by Gift_of_the_Gabb
    Because a player is not sold for AA?500k does not mean they are not worth that.

To use that theory means that the entire Derby squad is worth nothing as they haven't even been sold for more than a quid.

I think you will find that people at the time said he was sucha great tallent and would be snapped up for between A?1.5m and A?3m and I said he wouldnt and with his performances and experience would be considered lucky if we got A?500k ... no offers.

Same the next transfer window but people quoting A?3m to A?5m. No Bids!

And this time A?7m to A?15m and again the same.

Now let me give you case and point ... Patrick Bamford had but a handful of first team appearances and was snapped up for A?1.5m. He has shown in a handful of sunstitute appearances he is a talent and a game changer and has bags of skill.

How many games has Hughes had now and very few outstanding performances. The

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    Because a player is not sold for AA?500k does not mean they are not worth that.

I think you will find that people at the time said he was sucha great tallent and would be snapped up for between A?1.5m and A?3m and I said he wouldnt and with his performances and experience would be considered lucky if we got A?500k ... no offers.

Same the next transfer window but people quoting A?3m to A?5m. No Bids!

And this time A?7m to A?15m and again the same.

Now let me give you case and point ... Patrick Bamford had but a handful of first team appearances and was snapped up for A?1.5m. He has shown in a handful of sunstitute appearances he is a talent and a game changer and has bags of skill.

How many games has Hughes had now

Ratty embarrassing himself on here with his stupid logic. :/

With commons, Hughes and whoever else you want to throw into it .. The club may have a selling price on there heads but you will only ever get what someone is prepared to pay
    Sometimes you don't always get what the club values the player at

In commons case, we got him for nothing, had some fun with him then sold him for a A?300k profit.. Luvvly jubbly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)