+ Visit Wigan Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keeping this board alive

Keeping this board alive

Chcecking out some other fans sites I can't help they are much livelier than this one. I've been following this and other Latics boards for a long time and occasionally posting. It seems like people are put off posting because if they post anything remotely critical / interesting/ controversial they get abuse from one or two posters and then think- whats's the point ? Have we got agents provocateurs on here who try to bully people off and leave us with days in which nothing goes on. It's all a bit sad.

I've threatened to abandon posting on Wigan websites but I keep finding it hard to resist sharing thoughts - however pointless- with other obsessives. Can we all make an attempt to ignore the self appointed police officers and post with some confidence so that we have a forum that genuinely reflects the wider views of Wigan supporters ?

I'm bracing myself for abuse from the usual suspects but will continue to share my feeble little views.

re: Keeping this board alive

Arjan every board has them pal, and not just football forums either. Best to ignore them otherwise you will drop to their level and they will beat you with stupidity experience

There not to bad on here imo
    Mere *****cats compared to one site's in particulars main bully boy.

My point is that for some reason loads of people view things but not many post. I'm not exactly a sensitive flower in real life but I like the idea of a Latics fans communtiy thriving. This could be so much livelier. Most of the time it's like a graveyard. Encouragement of the masses needed.

Quote Originally Posted by arjan
    My point is that for some reason loads of people view things but not many post. I'm not exactly a sensitive flower in real life but I like the idea of a Latics fans communtiy thriving. This could be so much livelier. Most of the time it's like a graveyard. Encouragement of the masses needed.
    I think social media sites facebook and tw@tter also play a big part to tbh,I seem to remember a convo with Camltoe around a year ago about how many people dropped off this and other footy mad boards, Even the dingles board has dropped in numbers yet it's still the most populated of all the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by upthalaticsNo1
    I think social media sites facebook and tw@tter also play a big part to tbh,I seem to remember a convo with Camltoe around a year ago about how many people dropped off this and other footy mad boards, Even the dingles board has dropped in numbers yet it's still the most populated of all the boards.[/quote]

welcome back uptha

I tend to agree with Arjan (you are my all time Wigan athletic hero, by the way ). There do seem to be several posters on here who seem to have very little to say, apart from to criticise other posters, who do have something interesting to say. Occasionally, the comments can be abusive, which is what puts people off. However, if we allow these guys to dominate they will kill the board, like an aggressive, malignant cancer. We mustn't let that happen.

I am one that years ago I used to post on here but you cant say what you feel as the vultures are waiting to take you down.
    I read on here every other day but don't post anymore (apart from this post) as I thought I would say something as you had started the thread on this topic.

I don't post because I can do without the crap (its a shame) I am one I think there are many like me.

So go ahead and slag me off for speaking my mind and prove nothing has changed, I wont be replying to any post good or bad I thought I would just back up your thought's.

regards
    DV

I suppose it could be that Faacbook has attracted a lot ofeople who might have posted on here in the past but i still think there are perhaps 100 people who are interested and would like to share thoughts without being intimidated, abused or bullied.
    For those of us who don't live in Wigan anymore but still like to hear what others think and to share our own thoughts this site can be really useful. I've got a busy life and can live without it but urge supporters to post because it's good to have a positive, enthusiastic on line community. It can raise spirits on the tough days and allow groups to share the pleasures.

Join in.

Quote Originally Posted by arjan
    I suppose it could be that Faacbook has attracted a lot ofeople who might have posted on here in the past but i still think there are perhaps 100 people who are interested and would like to share thoughts without being intimidated, abused or bullied.
    For those of us who don't live in Wigan anymore but still like to hear what others think and to share our own thoughts this site can be really useful. I've got a busy life and can live without it but urge supporters to post because it's good to have a positive, enthusiastic on line community. It can raise spirits on the tough days and allow groups to share the pleasures.

Join in.
    I agree with your points raised. and commend you for your honest view

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)